Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Three Weeks Old Already! (Picture Post)

You'd think with the time off from work, I'd have an abundance of time to be at the computer, but its just not the case.  It probably would happen more if the computer were still upstairs instead of the basement, so I'd have a better vantage point of Luke, but its too chilly yet to take him downstairs and lug the swing or play pen down at this point.

To make up for my 10 day absence, here are a host of pictures.  I do plan to have a few other posts in the next week with more substance, but picture posts will just have to do for now.

2 week old pic



3 week old pic



Some cross-eye action goin' on



Luke and Biker ... just chillin'



Aunt N, my sister, meeting Luke for the first time



My mom, Luke and my sister, N



We like to sleep with our arms up ... perhaps Luke is conducting music in his sleep?!?



Posing with the bear we also gave his Birth Mom ... we have one too so we can take weekly & monthly pics so she can see how big he is getting



With hubby's grandma ... Luke's Great Grandma E ... who adopted his mom and sister.  
She wasn't able to have kids, but by God's grace & the gift of adoption, was able to be a mom.  She's so proud of her great-grandson!
She has been my inspiration through it all.



Another cute sleeping position



Sleeping with Mom



My brother-in-law, my sister (see above)'s hubby ... Uncle B



We like to stick out our tongue a lot!



Here's a tongue shot with eyes wide open ... something we're seeing more of now!



Action shot ... or kung-fu fighting!



Pensive look ... Mom, you're taking too many pics!



How are the cats doing?  They know no different.  :-)
We have had no trouble with them and Luke ... even at night.




 Just to prove he's not always smiley ... a series of shots taken while hungry and trying to change his diaper before feeding him ...







31 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see the update and all the pictures. Seems like adoption is a family tradition. : )

    Why be at the computer when you have a cute baby in real life? I don't think I'd be hanging out in my basement either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the baby fix! It's amazing that three weeks has passed already. He is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are wonderful. Thanks for the update. Your captions made me laugh. Thanks I needed a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I bet he's going to be tall. Look at those long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay- you don't get any cuter than that!!! Been thinking about you and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been praying for your intentions also. :-)

      Delete
  6. So glad things are going well and that you are getting some quality time to spend with Luke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could just eat him up! He is so precious! I love that he and your cat like to nap! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is soo cute! You can tell that he just loves his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SWEET baby!!! I love the one with his hands over his head! :) Just too precious...glad you could post some pics and glad things are going well! Yaay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is absolutely beautiful! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look absolutely radiant and so, So, SO happy! Luke beats the basement any day. Seeing these warmed my heart today, thanks for sharing and give Luke a smooch for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! He gets covered in kisses all the time ... so will give a few MORE from you! :-)

      Delete
  12. So cute! Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how you've been adjusting to mommyhood. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! He's so cute!!!!

    The teddy bear that BM has the same one is such a sweet, sweet idea! Between that and Luke with his Great-Grandma E the tears have spilled over (happy ones!).

    So happy for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, he is beautiful! Love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet baby.. Enjoy all the time at home with him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the pics.. Luke is so blessed to have you as his Mommy! And you look so beautiful in the pic. Enjoy your days with your miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for you! You remain my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable!!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the pics! Happy 3 weeks Luke!! I'm with you, I can't seem to find time to be on the computer like I used to! I'm working on the birth story though, don't wanna forget that. Keep enjoying mommy hood, it's a steep learning curve isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, so beautiful! I love this...love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, he is absolutely precious! Don't worry about updates, just enjoy that baby! Although the pictures are nice :).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay, the kung-fu fighting in his sleep and the pensive looking one are my favorites!!! So cute!!!!!!!!!!!! I love seeing these pics and I agree don't worry about the lack of posting, just throw us a bone every now and then and post pics. As you can tell, I have been horrible about posting and commenting as I am just now reading this post...ugh...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, where in the world have I been?! You have a son!!!! And he is absolutely adorable!!!! So much has happened in your life is such a short period of time, but what wonderful happenings!!! God has certainly heard your prayers and blessed you with the sweetest baby. And I love that you prayed to St. Joseph too, wow, is there anything he can't help us with? I will be praying prayers of thanksgiving for your family. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. He is so dang cute! Love his little hair tuft :)
    November

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your boy is so cute! I adopted my daughter a year ago and sh eis the best thing in my life. When I was a new adoptive mother, I found a lot of great advice at http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-cpa. I hope this is helpful for other new adoptive parents.

    ReplyDelete