Sunday, April 1, 2012

Down to the Wire!

No baby announcement post yet! I know you all are anxious to hear something. Me too. :-) I've been preparing myself for a phone call at the most random time, but it hasn't happened.

We managed to get the rest of the nursery set up, minus a lot of wall decorations and a shelf for toys, books, etc. We installed the closet shelves last night and a few floating shelves in the room for displaying memorabilia.

The diaper bag is packed. The gift for Becca is packed with a note inside. The camera is ready. The car seat is installed (it feels funny driving around with an empty car seat!). The play pen and swing are up. Clothes are washed. I will finish cleaning house today. We are ready.

Our case worker, Sue, said that when she asked Becca last Saturday, point blank, if she wanted to still pursue the adoption, her answer was still yes. My hope and prayer is that it continues to be this way.

If nothing happens today, they will induce Becca at 5 am tomorrow (Monday). Depending on how long labor takes, we might be parents tomorrow or Tuesday.

Prayer buddy, if you could, would please pray that I can accept whatever outcome happens in the next few days? And that if things go well, I know the right things to say and do for Becca.

As soon as something happens, regardless, I'll be posting!!! Thank you all SO MUCH for all your prayers!

19 comments:

  1. I know all too well how you feel right now! J may be induced on Tuesday if she doesn't go into labor in the next few days! I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super exciting! How fun to have an Easter baby! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! How exciting! I will be thinking of you guys and the baby and praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad things are still going so well! Praying for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek!! I will be on pins and needles all day tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you! Praying that everything goes smoothly and you will soon have that baby of yours in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so exciting for you! Keep us informed with updates, please! You're going to have your own little Easter miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh! So exciting!! Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have me sitting on the edge of my seat! I can't imagine all the feelings, emotions and excitement. Praying for you and your DH in a special way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yay!!! I am so excited and praying for all involved!!! I know God will give you the right words! You guys are going be the most amazing parents! This little guy is going to be so blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, you're ready. This is more exciting that being a child on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending lots and lots of prayers your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness this is SO exciting and I bet nervewracking all at once! You have our prayers. I am thrilled for you and your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! So exciting. I can't wait to read the news of the birth announcement! :). Sounds like you're all prepared and ready to go. I hope and pray she wants to continue with adoption. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO EXCITING!!!! You have been in my prayers so much! You are going to be a terrific mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying that everything goes well. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete