Thursday, April 26, 2012

One Year Blog-o-versary!!!

April 10, 2011 was the day I started my blog.

Who would have thought that a year (and a few weeks) could bring about so much change?

It was my hope that by starting a blog, I would find out I was pregnant ... or find out in a few months that I was pregnant.  That wasn't quite the case.  Looking back, I know I didn't wait long after starting a blog to become a mom.  There are still some of you who have started blogs before me that are still waiting to become a mom and it breaks my heart.  I continually lift you up to the Lord and pray that a child will soon be in your lives.

I know without the gift of Adoption, I would still be waiting and hoping to be a mother.  I know that my body is broken and have doubt that it will eventually be repaired to carry a child, even with all the knowledge of the doctors at the Pope Paul VI Institute and all the surgeries I've had.  That's not the way to have faith ... to doubt in God's ability ... but I do know that if God doesn't bless me with biological children, I am beyond blessed and humbled without a doubt to be the mother of a child (and hopefully, children) born to others.

Throughout the adoption process, I worried that I wouldn't love another's child quickly, easily or completely.  I would also worry that I wouldn't feel like they were "mine."  Although we only met Luke's birth mom at our initial meeting and then a second time at his birth, we didn't build a relationship.  He was still "abstract" to me in the womb.  Not that I didn't try to love him and pray for him, or that the seeds of love weren't planted, but after waiting for so long, my heart was still guarded that this wasn't happening ... this couldn't happen ... this might not happen.  I hadn't "seen" him.

Holding Luke for the first time, it was amazing!  He felt "mine."  Yes, he felt a part of me, even though I didn't birth him or carry him in my body for nine months.  It was scary being alone with him (and my hubby) in our room for the first time in the hospital, realizing that I don't have a clue what I'm doing here.  Adoption?  Are we really doing this?  Do his birth parents really think we can be good parents?  Are we going to be trusted with a baby?  Regardless of the fear, I've always been "my son" from the first day I met him.  And my love for him has not faltered, it has only grown.

To those of you out there considering and pursuing Adoption, let me confirm to you:  It is SO worth it!!!  Every CRAZY experience you go through.  I wouldn't be a mom without it.  I wouldn't be blessed with my amazing son.

My blog is called  "All in His Perfect Timing."  At times over the last few years, I honestly doubted God's timing.  I was impatient.  I was frustrated.  I wasn't sure that that I picked the right name for my blog ... that it didn't fit my life and my journey well.  In hindsight, my blog title is just another perfect God-incidence in bringing Luke home.

Now that you've read my testimony to Adoption ... I'd like to announce a give-a-way to celebrate one year of blogging!!!  :-)  Let me know who's reading by leaving a comment saying hi or anything else (nice) you'd like to say and I'll draw a name on May 2nd (in honor of Luke being one month old!) for either a Target or Walmart gift card!  Thanks to all of you who are faithful readers!!!  I'm honored to share my journey with you.



28 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Blogaversary!

    And congratulations on the new love in our life. You are kind, so of course that's why you make a good mother.

    Hey, your first mother's day is coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for Mothers Day! Crazy that I can finally celebrate ... besides counting being a mom to my cats. :-)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate one year of blogging :-).

    I think it's neat we both brought home baby boys the same week!

    And as hard as it is for me to be patient, God has shown me over and over again that His timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overwhelmed with happness for you!! Happy Blog-o-versary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking the same thing about your blog name as I clicked on to read this post - ha ha! Everything does happen in His perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed getting to know you since prayer buddies last fall. I am so happy for you and am filled with hope that I too will become mom just like you. :) Thank for always being so encouraging when I needed it and honest about your feelings on your blog even when it might have been hard, you have helped me see I am not alone in this journey. I am blessed to have been put in your path and so happy to celebrate your little family with you!!!

    Happy Blog-o-versary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you started a blog a year ago, and I'm so glad that this year, you are writing about your son! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog-o-versary! God's timing is indeed perfect, and your story is a lovely reflection of that. I am so happy for you and your family. Thank you for all your sweet and uplifting comments, you are such a joy in this blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A, I LOVE you even though we've never met. I am SO glad you decided to start blogging a year ago. Your encouragement has meant the world to me and has carried me on dismal days. You are BEAUTIFUL! We serve a mighty and good God. He has blessed you and blessed me through getting to know you on here. Your willingness to be real is so refreshing. It gives me hope that if you can do it, so can I. I pray for continued blessings to be lavished and poured out upon you for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogoversary! Isn't it so amazing who quickly life can change in a year? I am certainly glad you're writing so that we were able to share that with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogoversary.
    This is a wonderful post. I have to admit that I have been too afraid to adopt, even though at the moment it seems like my only option left. I cried when I read your post about your fears and how great it turned out.
    I have followed your adoption journey and you have inspired me. I am not sure when I will be ready to take the leap, but you have given me more strength to move in that direction.
    I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure, I will de-lurk to wish you congratulations - on one year of blogging and the new addition! We're almost home study approved for our adoption and I love reading success stories. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it amazing how immediate the connection is! I remember feeling like Ben was "ours" the minute I held him as well. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the year of blogging and as always the baby! Love reading about your story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. H A P P Y Blog-o-versary!!! You will be a great mom to Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blog-birthday!!!!! What a great post! Now we need more pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny ... you WON the gift card!!! Email me at AllinHisPerfectTiming@gmail dot com to let me know if you prefer a Walmart or Target gift card and your address and I'll get it in the mail this week! :-) CONGRATS!!!

      Delete
    2. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  16. I have tears reading this.. Yes, God' timing is Perfect! Like you said, I have been impatient, I have been frustrated but I know everything will turn out to be good in God's perfect timing. I am so happy that God has blessed you with Luke. Happy Blogging Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogoversary! I'm a relatively new reader, but I'm so happy that you're a mom now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! Yes, what an amazing year it has been for your beautiful family! I have enjoyed reading your blog over the past year and thank you for reading mine. Oh, and if I haven't told you already, I think sweet Luke is just uber precious!!! If you lived closer, I think Elizabeth and him would become fast friends! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was me above - sorry, I was signed into my other account.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy year anniversary and congrats on the adoption! If I remember correctly from your previous posts, we don't live too far apart, I am in Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Blogoversary! What a happy time for you and your family! Beautiful post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Blogoversary!! :) What a wonderful way to celebrate - with Luke!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on 1 year and all that you have survived through! You truly have God on your side, and it turns out it HAS been His perfect timing all along. Thanks for your encouragement on adoption! Your friendship means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm reading! And I am totally in agreement...adoption is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete