I thought I'd post an update to let you know how the talk went with my friend. It didn't. I expected her to give me a call, as I let her know what a good time was to call, but she never did. I figured maybe she fell asleep or something. I distracted myself today with reading blogs and budgeting, but secretly, I hoped all day that she wouldn't call. I am a bit of a chicken, but I'm glad that I have more time before talking to her.
I want to say a HUGE Thank You to all of you who have prayed and lifted me up in prayer as I faced the aftermath of my emotions due to her announcement and as I asked for help in what to do regarding her phone call!!! I am humbled at your friendship, your kind words and your prayers for me. Just a few days ago, I was so horribly angry and upset. Thanks to your advice & prayers, I can say that today I don't feel such raw emotions ... even after spending the morning with my pregnant SIL & BIL who spent the night last night and half the day with us. I even had pleasant conversation with them! Gasp! Seeing her baby bump was mildly irritating, because I want a baby too, but I tried to be happy for them and it didn't hurt quite so bad as I thought. I hope these feelings will stay after today.
Thank you for all your comments and sharing your experiences. Each and every comment means so much to me and I will be following the wonderful suggestions you provided when I talk to my pregnant friend next. It just helps SO MUCH to know that I'm not alone and what I'm feeling is normal.
I am so glad you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it worked out!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteMy reader finally decided to check your feed and I just realized that I've missed all kinds of posts - I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are feeling better and Thank-you for the link to the Resolve site...heading there next!
So glad to hear you're feeling better. :)
ReplyDelete:) So glad to read this! God has a way of taking care of us doesn't he?
ReplyDeleteHappy it worked out,good luck in the future!
ReplyDeleteI don't get on the blogs very often anymore, and I had no idea you were in the middle of this lately. It must be so hard to be in your position right now, and I'm praying for you!!!
ReplyDelete