Here's Luke, doing a Happy Dance in his crib - He loves to look at all the new stuff on the walls!
Door to the hallway (we have a simple 3 Bedroom Ranch with bedrooms at one end)
The cubby unit & storage bins we bought at Lowes and use them to store all of Luke's toys (that are in his room). We loved this so much we bought another organizer unit for the Living Room!
The LUKE letters I purchased here. The Animal Wall Decals (alligator, zebra, tiger, etc) were a gift from Luke's Grandma (my MIL) purchased here.
View from the Hallway. On the right is Luke's bookcase & the Closet. Note the heater keeping Luke warm at night. :-D It has made all the difference! Upon entering the room (unseen now), to the left will be the recliner, changing table & crib.
Another view from the Hallway. Here is our wonderful overstuffed recliner. SOOOO much better (in my opinion) than the little glider rockers. I tried out a glider rocker this weekend at my SIL/BIL's house and it was a tight fit and uncomfortable to sit there holding Luke. I've never been so glad to take up so much space in Luke's room with such a huge chair!
The photo in the black frame is of DH, Luke & I just a few hours after he was born. The Floating Shelves I used were the two we weren't using from our Living Room to put a few of his keepsakes on. The clock I had from the Living Room redo that didn't make its way back on the walls out there. The wrapped canvas animal prints I purchased here. The white and blue sign with the bear & saying is from my friend who had the twins (the sign says my favorite verse (she didn't know it!) from 1 Samuel 1:27: "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.")
Here is a photo taken as if I was standing at the closet ... the night stand was DH's from his bachelor days. The lamp is my baby lamp from 30+ years ago. The dresser we had purchased from Walmart once-upon-a-time for our own closet. It is pretty tall for most people to use as a changing table, but for us 6'1" & 6'2" tall people, it is the perfect height! The changing pad & cover we purchased from Walmart. The black frames on the wall in the corner I used from a collage of photos purchased at Kohls (still need to print the pictures ...). The ceiling hanging is an Angry Bird decoration from Luke's biological brother's 2nd Birthday party - his Birth Mom loves this color Angry Bird, so we put it up in Luke's room for him to enjoy.
The Wall Saying we purchased here. It sure nails it, doesn't it? :-D
The crib is my crib from 30+ years ago. No, there is no lead paint. Yes, the slats are regulation width. I checked it all out beforehand. I don't think the crib was ever hardly used, as my mom usually co-slept ... so it is in pretty darn good condition. The bumpers (Luke sleeps better with them if you can believe it), bedding & wall hanging were a bedding set at Walmart (I think Garanimals?) which has probably changed by now. I had trouble finding a bedding set that I liked for a boy. If Luke would have been a girl, there were infinitely more choices to pick from - but I'm glad he is who he is! The rug on the floor is a rag rug made by my dad using polyester material. Dad sure put the Goodwill bell bottoms & polyester jumpsuits to good use!
Well, there you have it! The pictures aren't great (I am NOT a photographer in the slightest!) and the descriptions are a little hurried, but the room looks SO much better as a nursery than it ever did as our office. When I remember that it was an office just one short year ago, I can't believe it! I am so blessed!
Love the pictures and what you did with the nursery. So fun! And I love the wall decal...totally hits it right on. I might have to go order one for R's room!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Too cute! :) And I love that the crib was yours...how neat.
ReplyDeleteLoved the photos. My office is still an office. So I am glad that yours turned into a great nursery.
ReplyDeleteI love Luke's room! We have the exact same diaper changing cover. And a comfy chair (rocker) is essential!
ReplyDeleteLove his room! Everything is beautiful. And you are 6'1"? :) Yay! The first thing most people say when they meet me (5'10") is "wow, you're tall" One more reason to meet in person :)!
ReplyDeleteLove this room! Isaiah's is safari animals too!!! Love me some monkeys!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, the fact that you are 6'1" stuck out to me to! I am a lowly 5'4", but my husband is 6'1", so that makes it interesting sometimes. But onto more important things - I love this room! We have an safari theme in Elizabeth's room as well because we wanted something that we thought could do double duty in case we had a boy. Like PW, we too have that same diaper changing cover. I love it! My nickname in elementary school was "Monkey M", I never really liked it, but it does make for a fun changing pad cover. And the wall saying is perfect!! Thanks for the tour!
ReplyDeleteLove it!! I need one of those cubby organizers for Gemma's room, that is perfect. Love the quote, it just gets it perfect! :)
ReplyDeleteI love his room! You did a great job! You're smarter than me, we didn't think of a clock and so moved the ihome in there. I am especially digging the blue paint color! Isn't the crib happy dance the best thing about mornings?
ReplyDelete6'1"?! I've always wondered what it would be like to be able to reach things! At 5'2" though, I must keep tall people or step-ladders nearby at all times. I just love Luke's room! I agree, that wall saying is absolutely perfect...such a sweet space, and that chair totally rocks too:)
ReplyDeleteCute. I love those animals on the wall and the happy dance. Great you were able to use your own crib.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it, especially the wall saying! :) Yup, it nails it!! :)
ReplyDeleteC's room was our former office too, haha. Definitely better as a little boy's room!
It looks great! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great room! I love what you've done with it!
ReplyDeleteLove the room! Thanks for sharing photos!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! I happened to see that same cubby at Big Lots and was ecstatic. I was dreading buying a dresser because I didn't want to put it together. The cubby took me about 20 minutes. :D
ReplyDeleteLove everything!! Luke is soo lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteAn adorable room! I love the wall saying in particular.
ReplyDeleteLOVE!
ReplyDeleteThe wall decal is perfect!
Thanks for sharing where you got the bookshelf/organizer! I have been looking for something like that for Lillie's room.
We have a glider bc a bigger chair wouldn't fit in her room. Pics look great, I'm not a photographer either
This is so cute!! I love it, especially the wall quote! :)
ReplyDeleteI just love all of the inspiration you pulled in for Luke's nursery. Everything has a story behind it. Love it!
ReplyDeleteLuke is so lucky to have a room full of such love! :)
ReplyDelete