Sunday, February 10, 2013

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today, we got the call that changed our lives forever ... an expectant mother had chosen us to be parents for her son, due April 1st. As I sat today & thought of the blessing bestowed on our family this year in the form of Luke & his birth family, we could not have a better son & extended family in our lives. Luke was the balm for my bitter, broken heart. Oh, how we had waited & prayed for this moment!!!
Knowing that so many of you still wait for the day a little one comes into your lives, I continue to keep you in prayer as God continues to write your journeys. I pray for the happiness I have experienced this last year to be shared in your families soon.



14 comments:

  1. And what a year it's been! So happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were so tiny huh!? what a beautiful memory...a story that will forever be divided into a 'before' and 'after'. and we will always pray for the 'after' for others, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a year already???? THat is a great date to remember and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can' t believe its been a year already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so precious! Happy anniversary to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe it's been a year since you found out you were chosen! My how a year can change things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's really beautiful: thanks for making yourselves available for your new mission, Luke: praise God!

    ReplyDelete