About a month ago, we decided to get on r.e.a.l.t.o.r.com's website to look at what was offered in town so we could get an idea on pricing. We watched houses come and go for about a month and decided there were a few on there that hadn't been sold ... they were probably a good deal ... we can get them cheap.
Wrong! Oh-my-goodness, there are definitely reasons that those houses didn't sell!!!
Hideous wallpaper floor to ceiling (spend the next year removing it ... no thank you!).
S.u.p.e.r. tight bathrooms (crawl over the toilet to get inside).
Narrow, steep stairways with sewer pipes protruding into them & no head room to even stand up when you get to the top.
Rooms that lead to rooms ... that lead to rooms ... that lead to rooms ... that lead to outdoor balconies & some rough looking steps that lead to the ground floor, but you're not sure you want to even try the steps ...
The question I want to know is: How did people EVER live in these houses before they were sold?
Makes NO sense to me!
After looking at quite a few houses (about 20 ... most with a wiggling, screaming toddler wanting to run everywhere), we found our "final four." After touring them all back-to-back last Friday evening, we discussed on the drive home which one we liked the best and worked for us. We called our realtor and decided to meet again to view the property we liked the best on Sunday night, and invited our entire families to visit the property with us.
Ummm ... it was organized chaos. Luke was running everywhere (thankfully everyone was really good about watching (I mean catching) him. We had comments, questions & conversations galore. It was really good to have everyone there to look things over & help us decide whether this house was the one we wanted.
At the end of our visit, DH & I decided to go for it. We put in an offer, got a counter-offer back, renegotiated & upped our price ... and they went for it! We've bought ourselves a house! We are signing paperwork tonight and have a projected closing date of August 12th. Hopefully things will go smoothly and it will pass with flying colors (or at least give us a heads up on some issues). It is an older home, moved to it's new site 11 years ago, so there is a new foundation (hooray!).
What I loved about it (and kept to myself when we found the house online) was the street name. Our new address is on ST. JOSEPH Avenue! This fits in with our Luke Ethan JOSEPH and my love of St. Joseph to ask for his intercession for Luke's adoption. Also, I work at the dead-end intersection of 1st and ST. JOSEPH streets (yes, I will now work down the road (and across the train tracks) from home). I've considered St. Joseph to be our family's patron saint during Luke's adoption, but there is no clearer visibility of his patronage than now.
St. Joseph, thank you for your intercession in our lives & fulfilling the desires of our hearts!
Here is a picture of our new home:
More pictures to come as we move in & make the house our own.
I'm excited as this new chapter in our lives unfolds ... but gosh, I hate moving! Several other ladies are also feeling the hatred of excitement of moving as well ... here's to you Kat, Perfect Power in Weakness & Barbie! I will be thinking of you as I pack & move. We can do this!

Congratulations! Sounds wonderful all the way around. When things fall in place for you, they really fall in place. Terrific! Exciting. I know it's a pain to move, but a house and home of your own is cool.
ReplyDeleteSounds exciting. Will pray everything goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! Here I thought you were going to tell us that you were just beginning the process, but no. You're hopefully wrapping it up. That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! What a great sign to have live on a street named for a favorite saint. I'll pray to St. Joseph that your move goes well!
ReplyDeleteLove it! So excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful house!! So excited for you! Hope all goes well.
ReplyDeleteI love that our boys have super similar names with ours being "Luke Isaiah Joseph"
Congrats! I love love love it! Can't wait to watch it be made into yours!
ReplyDeleteSO cute!! Continued prayers for you during this time and gosh I just love St. Joseph. We did a novena for our house--maybe start one before your move just for some extra St. J love? :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the house!!! We moved last weekend, so I share your pain =) Although I really do enjoy setting up a home. But there reaches a point where I just can't stand to open one more box, hang one more picture...good luck with it all!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I love a house with a porch! Perfect for a porch swing and early morning coffee! :) Can't wait to see more pictures!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Love the St Joseph intercession! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! That's super exciting. The house is really cute and I love when Saints make it clear that they're interceding for us, St. Joseph Ave has got to be a great place to live!
ReplyDeleteOh, gosh. I had no idea you were house hunting as well! Our experience was similar to yours (toddler wanting to explore and touch everything, hideous homes not well-taken care of, etc.) We looked at a ton over several months. You make the process sound so easy:-) Praying all goes well with the inspection and other negotiations that may need to take place. Love that your families were able to come and check out the house too. I'm sure you haven't looked back regarding the decision to move closer to them. So great.
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love all the St. Joseph connections for you. How cool is that...both work and home on the same street?! Would you be able to walk or ride a bike between the two, or is it too far? I love that every time you go home or to work you will be reminded of St. Joseph.
And yes, I hate moving. I'm so ready to be done moving and we haven't even started yet. It is just so much work! We close July 31st...not too far ahead of you. eee...so excited!!
Oh my gosh it looks so beautiful! Congratulations! Our move is nearly over just a few more things to clean and organize here in the new place, so I will be praying for your move now. I can't wait to see more pics :)
ReplyDeleteThe house is beautiful!!! prayers that all works out. St. Joseph, pray for us (we keep him busy :)).
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Love it! Especially the porch. :)
ReplyDeleteWe are going to be buying our first house here pretty soon, and I know what you mean about the houses on the market for a long time--run!! Ha.
Love the confirmation of St. Joseph!
Oh wow!! Your new home is so cute!! I just love the porch!! That's on my list for a dream house for sure! So glad everything worked out and I cannot wait to see more pics when y'all get settled. Congrats y'all!! Oh, and I agree that actually packing and moving is NO fun! We did it quite a bit growing up. Good luck!! :)
ReplyDelete