Here is the excerpt from our bulletin:
Fr. Carlos Martins of the Companions of the Cross will be here with his very special ministry to teach about these holy objects. He will bring with him over 150 relics, some as old as 2000 years.
Among the treasures will be the relics of St. Maria Goretti, St. Therese of Lisieux (the "Little Flower"), St. Francis of Assisi, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Thomas Aquinas & St. Faustina Kowalska.
In addition, there will also be present a portion of the veil of Our Lady, as well as one of the largest remaining pieces of the True Cross in the world. Those in attendance will be able to examine and venerate each relic.
In the Church's history, many miracles and healings have been worked in the presence of relics and many have been healed through this ministry.
You are encouraged to bring your articles of devotion (such as rosaries, holy cards, etc.) and pictures of ill friends/family members which you will be able to touch to the reliquaries as a means of intercession.
I am planning to attend this Exposition and would be honored to take your intentions with me. I plan to type your intentions onto a sheet of paper & touch that sheet of paper to each relic (hopefully that's just as good as a picture of you all! :-)
Please let me know your intentions so I can carry them with me. I will pray for everyone regardless of a specific intention request.
Thank you for the offer. I have an intention. My husband and I are trying for a baby, and I would appreciate your prayers that we are able to conceive a baby. I also would appreciate prayers for a solution regarding my work. I'm very unhappy in my job but trying to make it work for my family. Thank you. MB from Neb.
ReplyDeleteWow, how exciting!! And nice of you to think of all of us :) Will you please pray for my relationship with my mom to get better, thank you so much. I always also like to ask God to perform many miracles, cure many mommies and daddies and children, and for many babies to be conceived.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool. I would love to be able to see so many relics. Wow. I would like to pray for my husband's brother's broken family and their 4 children.
ReplyDeleteWow how neat! Thanks for your thoughtful offer - I won't say no to more prayers =) Could you please pray that we are blessed with a child, and for my dad's brother who recently committed suicide? Thank you!!! (My blog's anonymous, but God knows who I am =))
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet! My intentions right now are for the fulfillment of vocations for myself and my siblings; for my brother and SIL who are struggling with starting their family, for myself and 2 of my sisters who feel called to marriage but haven't found our spouses yet, and my youngest 2 siblings who are still discerning their vocations.
ReplyDeletePlease pray for my relationship with estranged family members. Thanks
ReplyDeletePlease pray that my brother and sister return to the church.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Please pray for my dad who will be (provided the culture comes back negative) having a skin graft put on his leg. Pray that it goes well and he may return to work and that HR fixes the mess they made regarding his short and long term disability; also if you could pray for financial security and help in getting out of debt for my family, I would greatly appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a blessing and thank you for thinking of us out here in the blog world. My specific intentions are for continued financial security for our family. Thank you so much. How cool for this opportunity for you to see and pray at these relics.
ReplyDeleteFor my brother-in-law to return to the Faith, for his wife to have a baby, and unrelated to them, that a precious bedridden boy, "Daniel," can be adopted asap.
ReplyDeleteWhew.
Thank you.