Friday, March 1, 2013

Job Offer

It has been a whirlwind of a day!! But I got a job offer out of it!

I was woken up by Luke this morning about 4:30 am for a bottle. I stays up packing and getting myself ready so we could leave by 6:30. Well, we left about 7:15 am. It is hard getting everything put together yourself instead of having a helper with a DH. Luke did well on the trip traveling & took a nap on the road. We ended up at my parents house about 1/2 hour prior and I dropped Luke off to change clothes & scurry out. Luke forgot who Grandma and Aunt N were, so he bawled as I was running around & leaving. I felt terrible, but it confirmed that this is exactly why I want to move. I want Luke to know his family.

The gal I spoke to on the phone was very nice! She interviewed me with the designer J who is still there. I liked them both immediately! It was more of a conversation than an interview. They have health insurance & benefits like paid time off (earn hours based on perfect attendance), no Saturdays, maternity leave, etc. it is a much more organized and streamlined company! I am only responsible for a much smaller piece of the pie than what I am now. They can also get very close on salary to what I need. I need to crunch #'s on how it will work on one income, but I think it will work. We also need to find a rental house, as my SIL & BIL have rented it. I'm thinking that's ok, as you probably don't want to rent to family anyway.

I'm nervous about telling my current bosses on Mon morning. That is the worst thing I can think of right now.

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job offer! It looks like everything is lining up for you! I will be praying for you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job offer! Benefits, paid leave, and no Saturdays! I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What wonderful news. This is complete confirmation to listen to your gut, pray, and take a leap of faith. I'm praying that all goes well on Monday. The important thing is to remember you are doing what you need to do for your family and not to let them make you feel guilty or bad for your choices. In the meantime, celebrate, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this AWESOME and the best news I have heard today!!!! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. And I agree with qlms - this is confirmation that the Lord is honoring your desire to be closer to family. I am sorry Luke bawled when you left, that is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your prayers are being answered, and quickly :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got goosebumps reading this...I can't believe you got an offer already. So, so amazing. I was thinking of you yesterday and going to send you an email saying I hope things went well. The email from me never came, but things went amazingly well. I can't believe how quickly things are falling into place for you. Prayers for the remaining obstacles (salary, housing, etc.) to fall by the wayside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! God will continue to work out the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow!! How exciting!! And don´t worry about telling your boss, just think that Jesus will be right next there next to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'd forgotten that He would be with me. I SO needed to hear this reminder!!!!!!!

      Delete
  9. What wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you!! :)

    And your Guardian Angel will be with you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that was fast! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the offer & to moving closer to family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!!! That sounds great and very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am thrilled for you!! You clearly rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Rockstar! So excited for you and your family. Praying for your Monday morning conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!! The job sounds wonderful! Praying that Monday goes smoothly, but it sounds like things are falling into place, so even that may turn out to be easier than you're thinking now

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yaaaaaaaaaaay is it the place we talked about? I hope so!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete