I'm not sure what to do now, other than pray.
My co-designer at my current job, A, had an interview today in her hometown for a job as a designer. She would be doing work that is different than what we do now. She texted me how she thought things went today in regard to the interview & if she will like the job, etc. A thinks the interview went well, but she's not sure that she wants to do that kind of stuff. And she's not sure that she will get along well with a few of the other women who will work there.
I'm frustrated for her & a little angry. I want so bad for her to also leave the current company with me. The company now is going downhill extremely fast. It will not get better.
After I dropped the bomb on M&L on Sunday night, they had called A over to visit with her and see what her intentions were. She was honest about what she liked & didn't like. She wasn't sure whether to tell them that she had an interview in her hometown or not, but ultimately decided on Monday morning that she should tell them. Now M&L were extremely upset. If A were to leave, they would lose both their designers (you can't sell jobs without someone to design & quote them!). L has an attitude anyway about certain things, and this made her fly off the handle. She had words with her son & they had a big argument, as her son wants M&L out of the company (and specifically told them so) or he will quit. L has been giving both myself, A & her son the cold shoulder since Monday, not saying anything, not answering our phone calls or even making eye contact with us. It has been awkward to say the least, being motivated to work hard these last two weeks trying to finish things up, with someone who thinks you're the worst person in the world.
The threat about the son leaving wasn't an empty threat, so M&L met with a lawyer on Wednesday to transfer the ownership of their company to their son. The son is hiring his BIL & his BIL's wife, as well as adding another person as a delivery person. But no additional designer to help A out. It is hard enough with just A & myself, and now after I leave, she won't get any help. The son thinks we just waste time & don't do anything all day. That couldn't be further from the truth. There is so much more crazy to the story that the son wants to do with "his" new company, but you wouldn't believe it if I tried to tell you.
I'd so hoped that A could leave soon after I left to escape this utter craziness, but it is not looking that way. She went to a home improvement store today after her interview to inquire about a design position, but they hired a new designer yesterday. Yes. Really.
It seems like A is getting battered left & right. She has had about 8 hours of conversation after work hours within two days with M&L and the son. She is fed up with all the drama that this job entails, but she is the major breadwinner in her family & has two young kids, so getting a good job is of the utmost importance. She can't just leave without another job lined up.
Myself, on the other hand, didn't even plan to look for a job until one afternoon, found the position randomly, applied a few days later, got offered the job later that week on the same day as my interview & found a rental house in my hometown within a week. God is being so gracious to me, but seems to ignore her. Why?
Could you please pray for A? Pray that her spirits are lifted, that she finds a job opportunity close to home, that her husband finds a job, for St. Joseph to guide her in her job search, for peace in her heart & for the crazy owners to stop harassing her about a decision to stay or not. I am trying to believe that God has something better for her in mind. I know A is disappointed & frustrated at having to stay with the current company but wanting desperately to leave & find a better job. She has been a true friend & I want to do something more for her than pray. The only thing I can do more for her is to humbly ask you to join my plea.
Isn't it odd and sometimes humbling how different stories play out at the same time? Certainly praying for A!
ReplyDeletePraying for A!
ReplyDeleteTo be stuck in a company going downhill is not fun. I pray God works it all out.
ReplyDeleteOh drama. Gotta love it
ReplyDeletePrayers for her!
ReplyDeleteOh man, that reminds me of when I left my old job and my assistant got stuck there while she looked for other jobs for almost 18 months longer! I felt horrible for her, but in the end she did get out and got a better salary, better position, less stress overall and is happy now. Hopefully your friend will find a good position soon!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely praying for your friend. I think after you leave - and hopefully God answers our prayer soon for another job for her - and the son will realize what he had!
ReplyDeleteI'll pray for your friend. I hope something works out soon. Oh to be a fly on the wall at the company after she leaves...
ReplyDeletePraying right now!
ReplyDeleteI don´t know what to say other than I will pray for her situation to get better, at least for God to give her strength and patience to put up with everything that´s going on.
ReplyDeleteI don't know why everyone's path is so different, but I will be praying for your friend!
ReplyDeleteYes, I will be praying for you friend A as well. That stinks what she is going through...ugh!
ReplyDeletePraying!
ReplyDeleteI hope she's able to find something very soon. Doesn't sound like a positive work environment at all. :(
ReplyDeleteI saw your comment on my blog and question about adoption groups. I sent you an email with some info.
This sounds like a terrible situation. :( how's your friend doing? Any word from her? Hoping that things will pan out for her ASAP.
ReplyDeleteHey, wanted to let you know I switched my blog url to:
ReplyDeletewww.withloveforafrica.blogspot.com
I think you will have to re-follow me to receive any of my posts. :)
Did you start your new job? Let us hear an update! :)
I am now following your new blog address. :-)
DeleteI am alive ... update hopefully coming tomorrow. Things are going good! Busy, but good! I need to catch up on blogs!!! I'm so glad for an update on your blog URL & hope things are well with you and Colin!
I hope everything with your move and new job and life is going well. But most of all I wanted to wish Luke a happy birthday!! And congratulations to you and your hubby for making it through the first year of parenting.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Snarky! :-) It has been a whirlwind with the move & birthday parties. I need to get some pictures on here for you all! C won't be far behind!!! It is SO crazy how fast the time goes! Hope to catch up on all things blogging soon.
DeleteI'll tell Luke Happy Birthday from you!