I am reading St. Faustina's Diary (a gift from my mom years ago, but I've never read it, until now) during part of Holy Hour and got lost in the words & pages I was reading. I realized it was 1:05 am and the next person had never shown up. He has been late before, so I gave him until 1:10 am. Then I tried to call him, but no answer, as it went to his voicemail. I sat back down & thought, "Ok, I was just enjoying reading this book. I will have another hour to enjoy reading it. God must have a reason for having me be here for another hour." A few minutes later the phone rang. It was the guy who was supposed to be there.
As he apologized for over sleeping & not hearing his alarm, I had an idea. Instead of him coming in this morning, I asked him to take my hour for next week and we would be even: I would do two hours this morning & he would do two hours next week. He agreed. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly!!!
After I hung up the phone, I was elated. I was dreading calling people to see if they would come in to cover or trade, as some of the people on the list are either no longer available or have restrictions on when they can come (I found this out the hard way when Luke was born ... try getting someone to cover your hour the first night after your son was born! That's when hubby went by himself the first time. I couldn't leave Luke's side.) I was so happy that God had arranged this so perfectly and I hadn't had to make one phone call. He truly blessed me this morning - so to glorify Him, I wanted to share.
I would love to hear some of your stories of how God has worked in your life (aka "God-incidences"), taking care of you & providing for your needs. Please share your stories in the comments. I feel the need to rejoice in God's providence & blessings on me this year, which is a 180 from where I was at this time last year.
Also, I have to add ... as this just hit me ... I am praying the St. Andrew Novena, which ends on Christmas Day. The words of the Novena are as follows: (emphasis mine)
Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary,
at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold.
In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God!
to hear my prayer and grant my desires,
through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ,
and of His Blessed Mother. Amen
My Holy Hour next week would begin at midnight on Christmas Day. Another God-incidence, I believe. I will set my alarm & pray the Novena at midnight, for "in that hour" I will beg God to "grant my desires" that I have prayed for in my Novena. To my Prayer Buddy (and several others), you will be especially prayed for at that time. I pray that God will grant the desires of your hearts.
Love this! So glad it all worked out and so beautiful that you will be praying this Novena at midnight on Christmas Day. (I will be at mass for the first time ever - so looking forward to it!)
ReplyDeleteI realized that sounded like I will be at Mass for the first time ever...but what I meant is I will be at Midnight Mass for the first time ever (we usually go to Mass at 10:00 on Christmas Day). But yes, I have been to Mass before - almost daily in fact ;)
Delete:-D I had to laugh, but know what you mean. :-D
DeleteLove it! We had a similar situation with our holy hour last week! it all ended up working out perfectly.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it all worked out for you! I hope you guys have a Very Merry Christmas! Prayers as always but especially for safe travels!
ReplyDelete