I appreciate your prayers for my Grandma most of all and then for my dad, if you could. He has been there most of all for her and it is so very tough to hear about your dad crying and there's nothing you can do. I will update as things change.
Grandpa & Grandma at my Wedding in 2006.
Grandpa passed away 5 years ago this October. Grandpa passed away just days shy of their 60th Anniversary.
Grandpa & Grandma were our babysitters when my parents worked. We enjoyed sleepovers, early morning cartoons, late night tv (Golden Girls, anyone? too risque for my parents), lots and lots of good food, a candy dish!, many stories read on Grandpa's lap & so many handcrafted items (my Grandpa could fix/build anything). I have wonderful memories of growing up with them.
One of the last family get-togethers with all their Kids and Grandkids able to come together.
My sisters (blue shirt & black/white shirt), little brother (green plaid) & brother-in-law (striped), as well as my dad, have taken care of Grandma in the last five years with cleaning, meals, hygiene, church rides & overnight stays. They have been excellent caregivers. Grandma just moved into an assisted care facility earlier this month at 94 years old. With their help, she was able to be in her own home as long as she could.

Praying.
ReplyDeletePraying for your family for sure!
ReplyDeletePraying for you - and sending hugs your way, wishing I could do more.
ReplyDeletePraying!!
ReplyDeleteThat was me above...I was signed into my other gmail account.
ReplyDeletePraying for her, your dad, and you!
ReplyDeleteP.S.- There is no mistaking your sisters in that photo. :)
Praying for all! Your post makes me think a lot of my grandma (dad's mom, 91, lost her husband a few years ago, has only been in a senior center for a year, etc.)
ReplyDelete