The Daylight Savings Time change really messed up Luke's routine. Instead of him going to bed at 8 pm, with the "fall back", we're going to bed at 7 pm (which is just fine). But the really great part is ... instead of getting up at 6 am, we're getting up at 5 am! It was super-fun this morning (and yesterday morning) to pry my eyelids open. I realize that in a few more months, we'll switch back. I really wish we could just do without the whole time switch. Now that we have electricity, it doesn't make a big difference as to when it gets dark.
How do you do it with your child(ren)'s schedules & the whole daylight savings time switch? Do you gradually switch them over? Do you adjust your schedule of bedtime so it is consistent?
Man oh man, all the sleep issues! Will pray that Luke adjusts himself gradually!!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on this post! Can't wait to see what others say because I am curious what to do as well!
ReplyDeleteTOTAL HELL FOR A FEW DAYS!
ReplyDeleteWe kept Isabella up late on Saturday night (until 9:30...normal bedtime 8:30..make sense). Well, she got up at 5:30...normal wake up time 7:30! So, she lost TWO HOURS of sleep and so did we and we were all tired and cranky all day yesterday. She is so sleep deprived that she was up a few times last night and woke up with a cold this morning.
As far as Isaiah goes. We put him to bed at his normal time (HELL to keep him up longer) and he slept 13 hours on Sat night. He never does that. So, he refused to take his morning nap yesterday and was cranky all day too.
Hoping everyones sleep regulates soon.
I say no matter what you try, it backfires! LOL!
I usually try to gradually adjust them the week before. I do 15 minute incriments with their naps and bedtime. If I put my kids to bed later, that just means they get up earlier. So we adjust our whole routine 15 minutes a day because I can keep them awake for 15 minutes longer, but not an hour! We adjust meals/routines, everything. It's worked well for us, no issues whatso ever!
ReplyDeleteSo far, we've just stuck with putting Isaac to bed as soon as he looks tired - last night it was 5:30, which was even half an hour before his normal bedtime, after you account for dst! I thought we'd be up at 4 am, but he ended up sleeping until 7:30 (which was 8:30 dst, and unheard of)!! Tonight, he's still awake at 5:30, but I'll definitely be putting him in bed early just because he didn't nap very long. NO real tips - we just go with the flow and hope for the best, lol :).
ReplyDeleteI hate the time change. It messes me up. I've been confused for two days now. I can only deal with time changes if I'm traveling to a different time zone for a FUN VACATION, otherwise, I'm cranky.
ReplyDelete