Wouldn't you know it ... but the weekend I get motivated to paint our living room, dining room & kitchen & hallway, but DH and Luke are sick. And it isn't the sniffle kind ... it is the kind that comes out the "Other End".
So far, Luke has had it easier than DH (who has to be very.close to the bathroom), but I'm not sure whether he's on the tail end of things. He had had at least three big "blow out" diapers where poop was E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.! It was gross, but for me, I can handle poop better than snot.
Last night, Luke (and DH) was super irritable & fussy when going to bed and even this morning, he is almost inconsolable. We've been napping on schedule and keeping our bedtimes, but when he is not asleep, Mama has to be close at all times. I wish it was me who was sick so he could be healthy & not feel so bad.
I didn't give up on the painting totally. I've been painting about 2-3 walls at a time each day when Luke has been napping. I have about 5 walls to go, plus the basement stairs (it is an open floor plan, so when you paint ... you PAINT!).
Well, I'm off to console Mr. Luke who is up. I stayed home today from work ... so we will see what the rest of today will bring.
Oh, you poor thing! Hoping everyone gets better soon!
ReplyDeleteUgh, I feel ya. So far 3 of the 4 of us have had it (dh is currently in bed...) Anthony's had it the worst and after 3 days is still not keeping a whole lot down/in. He feels better, but his stomach's a mess! We're hoping Anna manages to have a super toddler immune system and just doesn't get it, she'll be a bear!
ReplyDeleteOh poor little guy and big guy! Ugh, that sounds horrible. I hope they are all on the mend soon and that you don't come down with it either!! Are you going to post pics of the new look? I would love to see them! Enjoy your day off!
ReplyDeleteYes, I will post some before & afters. :-). I love to see others, so I'd love to share.
DeleteHope everyone is feeling better soon.. it's a yucky way to spend a day off !
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your sick boys! Hope they feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteWhat a combo! Kudos to you for still painting.
ReplyDeleteOh dear!!! That sounds rough! Hopefully they feel better sooner!!!
ReplyDeleteHope everyone's better soon! And just think, when Luke gets a little older, there may be painting projects with poop. ;)
ReplyDeletePrayers for your household! That is the worst kind of sick!!! I hope everyone has a speedy recovery. And look at you getting that painting done! I can't stand painting. You are a better woman than me :)
ReplyDeleteHope your fam is better soon!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Hope the boys feel better ASAP! And hope the painting went well. :)
ReplyDeleteOh dear.
ReplyDeleteDo you pain the ceilings too?
Thankfully, no. We didn't paint the ceilings this time. About 6 years ago after we moved in and changed paint, we painted the ceilings. I think the previous owners smoked a little or something, but the ceilings sure looked a lot better with a new coat of paint. :-)
Delete