Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Please Pray for a 1 month old baby

My friend S and her husband B had twins about a month ago. One of the babies, Anna, had some breathing problems and stopped breathing 4 times. She was finally taken to Childrens Hospital in Omaha and had emergency surgery on Friday afternoon. She went home Sunday afternoon.
It was just posted that Anna has an infection that was recently diagnosed as meningitis. I guess they couldn' t diagnose anything earlier due to all the meds she was on. She is back at the hospital and has had some testing and a spinal tap.
I has no idea exactly what meningitis was, so I searched the web:
Acute bacterial meningitis is an infection of the meninges (the system of membranes which envelops the brain and spinal cord) that often causes hearing loss and is fatal in 5% to 40% of children and 20% to 50% of adults despite treatment with adequate antibiotics. It is caused by bacteria that usually spread from an ear or respiratory infection and is treated with antibiotics. Corticosteroids are drugs that can reduce the inflammation caused by infection. This inflammation has been shown to aggravate damage to the nervous system in experimental meningitis studies in animals.

Could you please pray for Anna? Her parents are worried sick. I would appreciate it so much.

10 comments: