I vented to my hubby about being stressed out about work via text in the morning. He was such a sweetie that he brought me flowers and chocolate at lunch! I was blown away. It was so unexpected.
I thought the day couldn't get any better. And then ...
We got The Call at 3:18 pm from Sue, our Adoption Case Worker in our town. She told me that we were picked by a Birthmom who is due April 1st!
I don't remember thinking much of anything except, "Can this really be happening?" I asked her some questions to get more detail and then got off the phone and squealed! I galloped back to my co-worker's office and told her excitedly that we got picked to be parents!
I then made the exciting phone call to break the news to my hubby with the following details:
- She is a young mom with one child already.
- She lives in our city, but is moving to a town about 30 mins. south in about 6 months
- She wants to meet us this coming week
- She wants to have an open adoption with pictures, cards, letters
- She took our photo book home with her and feels that we are the couple to raise her son
- Our case worker feels confident that she is serious (although we are still cautious)
I was also told the sex of the baby (I couldn't resist!).
We are having a ......
BABY BOY!!!
I ask your prayers that we will connect with the Birthmom at our meeting next week and that she will go through with this adoption, although we pray that God's will be done, no matter the outcome. I know that several ladies have had failed adoptions, and I am trying to steel my heart against being too excited. But its hard. My mind has been racing with disbelief, then joy, then mentally planning what to do for EVERYTHING, then back to the possibility that this baby may not be guaranteed to us. I feel like I'm on a roller-coaster of emotion, yet trying to trust in God's plan.
Any prayers & advice you have during this time is appreciated, as are prayers for the Birthmom's and Baby's health and a safe delivery. I will keep you updated after our meeting next week.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! How incredible!!!! Praying for you guys and this little baby BOY!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!! Praying all goes well!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I will be praying for you and the baby!
ReplyDeleteWOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! BIG HUGE GIGANTIC PRAYERS FOR YOU ALL!!!!! (Baby, birth mom, you, your dh, everyone!!!!)))
ReplyDeleteYaaaaaaay!
Congrats!! The details sound very familiar to our adoption. I hope and pray this sweet baby boy will be your forever son!! What wonderful news!!
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful news!!! This is going to be a great outcome for all of you!
ReplyDeleteExtremely exciting news. I like the way you galloped to your co-worker's office. Sometimes joy is so great you just have to gallop! I'll be praying, praying. April is only two months away. I think it's a good sign the birthmother took the book home.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!!! I'll be praying that THIS IS IT!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic news!! WOOHOO!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Such wonderful news! Having been there, my advice would be to open yourself up completely. We did with the first BM that picked us and although it wasn't the outcome we had hoped for, I'm glad I gave it my all. I can remember every detail and it makes me a better mom because of it. You're in this baby and BM's lives for a reason and I pray that it's to be this boy's parents! I'm so excited for you, enjoy every moment!
ReplyDeleteoops, that last comment was me :) don't know if it links properly :)
ReplyDeleteOH my goodness! How exciting!!!!! Prayers for your meeting and everything to come! What a joy-filled time! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteAH!!! I have been praying so hard for you and now I will pray VERY specifically! What a wonderful step forward. Continued thoughts, prayers and support as you, the birth mom and that little man take each day at a time. (But how cool would it be if we had little men a month a part?!) Sounds like a crazy perfect day and I am so excited for you!! Praying for forever!
ReplyDeleteSO EXCITING!! Praying that everything works out!!
ReplyDeleteI am so thrilled for you guys!! How very exciting! Congrats! A little baby boy to spoil and love, I can't even imagine how excited you guys are. It's finally happening. Prayers for you!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! Praying for sure that this is your take home baby!!! That is the best news! YAY!!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
ReplyDeleteSo very exciting! Try to enjoy the time and not be too stressed out if she might change her mind. Stressing over it doesn't change anything either way. We only had two weeks (our son came 3 weeks early) before our son was born. We did lots of scrambling in that two weeks, since we hardly had anything. Let your friends and family spoil you!
ReplyDeleteWow, God is so GOOD! This is such wonderful news! I second BumbersBumblings comment. Enjoy this precious time and try not to worry and stress. Obviously way harder than it sounds, but when you start to worry say a little prayer: "Jesus I trust in you"!! Your special intentions will be in my prayers! So excited for you and your hubby!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news! Lots of prayers going out to you!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness y'all!! How exciting!! Praying all goes well! :)
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhhhhh, wooooooooooooo!!! My heart is leaping for joy!!! So very exciting, will be praying definitely. God is good!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful!! I am so overjoyed for you!!!!!!!!!!!! April 1st is soon! :) Please keep us posted about EVERYTHING!! I can't wait to hear how your meeting goes.
ReplyDeleteYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Oh my goodness...what an amazing call! I am so excited and hopeful for you!!! I will be praying for you and your dh, this mom and this beautiful little baby boy!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is AWESOME news!!!! Oh my gosh! I'm so excited for you. Praying that everything works out.
ReplyDeleteAs another gal waiting for "the call," this gives me so much hope and excitement!!! Many congrats!! Praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteoooo!!! So exciting. Praying this baby is yours! April 1st isn't that far away. I'm so excited for you and praying for you, your DH, and the birthmother (and baby boy, too!!).
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!
ReplyDeleteAHHHHH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! Please keep us posted on the meeting this week! Praying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful!! I will be praying for God's will no matter what!!
ReplyDeleteThis is SO exciting! April can't get here fast enough! I am very happy for you and will PRAY that everything falls right into place with you holding your little boy...awww....
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome news! I'm so excited for you! Wow, to think that you could be parents in a month and half--how incredible! I will continue to pray--I didn't stop even though Prayer Buddies ended. I hope this little baby is your son!!!
ReplyDeleteTears of joy!!!!!!!! SO excited for you, keep us posted and know I am praying for you and your son's birthmom!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! PRAISE GOD! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome news! I'm praying for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, so excited for you! Praying that everything goes smoothly and you bring that baby boy home soon :).
ReplyDeletePraying for God's Will for you and that little boy! I hope he is your son forever!
ReplyDeleteThe next few months will be the hardest! Hang in there and pray!
That's so awesome!!! Praying for you and your husband, the birthmom, and everyone involved!
ReplyDeletePraying!!! :) Love that picture!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying right now that you will soon be shopping for car seats.
ReplyDeleteWow, wow, wow!!! SO EXCITING! Try to hold on as the inevitable roller coaster of emotions sets in... whether it's pregnancy or adoption, it seems both roads are filled with ups and downs (but it's SO WORTH IT!). Praying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness.. Amazing news!!! Can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteOh my garsh!!! This could be it?!?!? A boy?!? I am SOOO thrilled for you and your husband. I pray the momma sees what we see in you and what a beautiful woman of God you are. Can't WAIT to hear more.
ReplyDeletePraying,
Jessica