I have to THANK YOU ALL for your wonderful advice and wisdom in your comments and emails. You have made such an impact in my life, its unbelievable! You are all my trusted friends.
We didn't end up going to see the baby this weekend. The roads were good enough that we traveled to a friend's wedding that we'd planned on. I'd kind of hoped that was the case, but was ready to see the baby anyway.
Several of you mentioned sending a card, which we are doing. Also, there were suggestions about having an excuse to leave, which I think is a must for when we do go. And of course, we'll probably give ourselves a treat afterwards by celebrating "us."
I'm not afraid now of seeing the baby. I'm sure my stomach will be in knots a little once we get there, but I feel stronger now, that I can see the baby. I will imagine all of my blogger friends there with me. I've been checking out Fac.ebook so I can get "used to" all the comments, pictures, happiness oozing out everywhere, etc from the parents, grandparents, relatives and such. It hurts to see the pictures and read the comments, but I know of no other way to "condition" myself for what I will face.
Since we have to drive 2-1/2 hours one way to see the baby & parents, we'll probably work it into a weekend trip out there. Its a long day if we spend 5 hours driving and an hour visiting. I hope the new parents will understand. From what it sounds like now, the baby sleeps most of the time anyway. I have to work weekends for my job and it doesn't help that I have to work the next two weekends either. After that, I plan to take a weekend and go see my pregnant friend with twins. (Gulp!)
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the prayers!
*******************
Now, head on over and congratulate these ladies ....
Meghan just recently had baby Christian, who was truly a miracle pregnancy (read her story from the beginning!). Please congratulate her and her family on their newest addition!
Jenny at All Things just recently announced that she is pregnant after the craziest cycle of charting! Please send her your Best Wishes on this happy announcement!
Yes, yes, imagine us all there right there with you when the time comes. Oh, I wish your excuse could be you have to cut it short because we were all meeting you afterwards for dinner.
ReplyDeleteERRR>...I am kinda mad about the long drive!! That is quite a sacrifice you are making. You are a great friend.....
Yes, we will all be there in spirit with you! I am glad you are feeling stronger about the upcoming visit. It's not easy, no matter the circumstances, but I know what a strong person you are. By enduring the pain of the visit so that you can be there for them, you are giving them a greater gift that they'll probably ever realize--but us bloggers realize what a sacrifice you are making. God sees it too, my friend.
ReplyDeleteGee thanks... And we WILL be there with you when you go see the new baby! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good plan. I love the idea about treating yourselves and celebrating the "us" afterwards. And, I also think it's great to be de-conditioning yourself by seeing all that stuff on fb. God bless you as you face this. I know how hard it is, and it truly is a sacrifice.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have a plan you are comfortable with - and yes! we will all be with you there in prayer.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've got things well planned and thought out. And, as the others have said, we'll be praying!
ReplyDeletePraying
ReplyDelete