Thursday, October 20, 2011

Approved to Adopt & St. Jude Novena

Well, its official!  Sue, our adoption worker said that "As soon as you give us your Adoption Learning Partners Course Certificates, you will be ready to adopt." Guess what I just emailed off?!?!?!?!?  :)  The hubby and I buckled down tonight to spend three hours watching videos so we could receive our certificates and email our "proof" off to the correct authority.  Sue's words definitely got these two procrastinators in gear!  Its exciting and a little scary for this milestone to be complete.

Now I'm trying to figure out how long the waiting game will be.  I realize its all in God's hands, but I am beginning to pray for our unknown Birthmother and her decision to choose us to raise her child.  Does anyone have any good prayers for this?  It might be better than my rambling thoughts each night.  :)

Also, the feast of St. Jude Thaddeus is October 28th.  St. Jude is acknowledged to be the patron saint of forgotten causes, impossible causes and lost causes (hello ... infertility and motherhood!!!).  This novena is what I am starting tonight.  I figure the more novenas I pray, the more apt I will be to finish all nine days!  It is usually a struggle. Perhaps I could add an alarm on my phone .... but it might be confusing with my three "wake up" alarms *and* the ones for my medicine twice a day.  There aren't enough "good" ringtones to keep it all straight.  :)

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, the feast of Blessed Pope John Paul II is this Saturday, October 22nd (thanks to Jeremiah 29:11 for the info - it's also her birthday! - how special!).  Here is a prayer for the intercession of this soon-to-be-Saint:

O Blessed Trinity,
We thank you for having graced the Church with Pope John Paul II and for allowing the tenderness of your Fatherly care, the glory of the cross of Christ, and the splendor of the Holy Spirit, to shine through him.

Trusting fully in Your infinite mercy and in the maternal intercession of Mary, he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd, and has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you.

Grant us, by his intercession, and according to Your will, the graces we implore, hoping that he will soon be numbered among your saints.  Amen.


                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


30 comments:

  1. Yay for the completion of your adoption paperwork. That is so exciting. Now the real waiting game begins, huh? Praying for you to have peace during this unknown time of waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being one step closer! Can't wait to see your adoptions story unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow really bad typos in my comment
    *Can't wait to see your adoption story unfold*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are doing a novena to St. Jude - that is the name of my parish and they host a Solemn Novena every evening for 9 days leading up to his feast day. I will think of you when I am there tonight!

    Congrats on the adoption paperwork. And I love the JP2 quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!!! St Jude definitely comes through!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! So exciting! I'm so happy to read this. I love your novena idea; the more practice, the better. It makes sense to me!
    -Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! And thank you for posting this prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!!! I'm praying the St Jude novena as well and will ask for a speedy match for you. Yay so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Congratulations. I am so excited for you. I will be joining you for the St. Jude Novena.. And, yes JPII is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea! And soon enough, baby will make three!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That is wonderful news. I hope you get a call soon. For all those novenas alone...it should be soon. I can't seem to finish a novena...maybe that is part of my problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news! So excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOORAY!!! Congrats! A big accomplishment to finally be approved! Just remember that the right child is out there.....the waiting is hard but I know it will all be SOOO worth it! Big Hugs for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo hoo!!!!!!!! Awesome, wonderful news!!! The birthmother of your future child is so blessed to receive your prayers! I'm sooooo happy for you and your husband!!! Prayers for a fast match for you guys - in God's perfect timing, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's exciting that you are approved! Now the journey really begins. Praying you are given peace that surpasses all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!!!! I am so excited for you both!!! I will pray pray pray for your birthmother and the decision she will make. Thanks for the St. Jude Info. I will start that tonight too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic News!! Congrats!!! Thanks for the St. Jude and Bl. JPII info.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!!! Such great news! Also, thanks for the reminder about Bl John Paul's feast day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful news about the approval! Yippee! I'm going to join you in the novena even if I'm a few days late. The Lord is used to me being late though...maybe I should pray to be on time...now that's an impossible cause!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my!! That is so fantastic! Congrats on this big step! I will remember you guys in my prayers. Thank you for giving someone the opportunity to choose life!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! This is so exciting! Sorry I don't comment a whole lot! But I am reading and I very much appreciate your comments! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How exciting y'all are getting ready to adopt! I really liked what you commented on my blog about this community being "fierce protectors" of each other, wow! You are in my prayers as well :)Also, that JPII prayer is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!! What exciting news! :) We're waiting to hear back that our home study is approved and we're working now on our profile book.

    Praying for a SHORT wait for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations!!! Praying you get a call soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so excited to see how the plan unfolds for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness! I am so happy for you! What a big step...I actually think God would enjoy your ramblings just like you'll enjoy some little ramblins' of your own someday! Blessings on you and birthmom!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness!!!!!!!! So, so very exciting!!! Wow.....lots and lots of prayers for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete