This is an excerpt written by St. Therese of Lisieux in "The Story of a Soul." It's about the day St. Therese thought would have been her entrance day into the Carmelites. This was shared by "Mari" on the Yahoo Catholic IF site, and after I read it this morning, I was so moved that I just had to share it with you (emphasis mine).
"My heart was broken when going to Midnight mass; I was counting so much on assisting at it behind Carmel's grilles! This trial was very great for my faith, but the One who watches even when he sleeps made me understand that to those whose faith is like that of a mustard seed He grants miracles and moves mountains in order to strengthen this faith which is still small; but for His intimate friends, for His Mother, He works no miracles before having tried their faith. Did He not allow Lazarus to die even after Martha and Mary told Him he was sick? At the wedding of Cana when the Blessed Virgin asked Jesus to come to the help of the head of the house, didn't He answer her that His hour had not yet come? But after the trial, what a reward? The water was changed into wine & Lazarus was raised from the dead!" Thus Jesus acted toward His little Therese: after having tried her for a long time, He granted all the desires of her heart.
"If God hasn’t answered your prayer yet, perhaps He is strengthening your heart for something greater.” - Nick Vujicic (Author of "Life Without Limbs")

I needed this today. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLOVE St. Therese!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteI never really thought about it that way before! Chris and I had a reflection on the Wedding at Cana a while back. We had a similar conclusion about God granting great things after the wait!
ReplyDeleteThis is so perfect. ST Therese pray for us!
ReplyDeleteWow! So powerful! I totally needed to read your post!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this! I need to read that book. Pray for us, St. Therese.
ReplyDelete-January
Oh A! That brought tears to my eyes reading! I needed that this morning! Thanks!!! ( even though you posted it a few days ago... for some reason it just showed up in my list)
ReplyDeleteOh I love this! Saint Therese is so wonderful, and relatable! She's such an example for all of us.
ReplyDeleteI really love that quote at the end of your entry. So beautiful and true. :) Thanks for all your support and encourage notes lately! I really appreciate them.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great quote! I really like the part about Him really testing His intimate friends. I've been thinking about that a lot.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! Thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDelete