Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Update & Prayer Request

I haven't had a chance to get online and write anything yet, so it is late notice, but I would again appreciate any prayers you can spare.
The first is for my mom's knee surgery today (7/31). Thanks to all of you that prayed before!!! My mom was released from the hospital about 11:30 am on Saturday, the morning of my sister's wedding. We were able to find a wheelchair (the right kind is hard to find!) and mom was in high spirits and spent the day & evening at the wedding & reception. I know she is so grateful for the drugs! (lol) and for feeling as good as she did for so long that day. She was a real trooper!!!
Mom is pretty immobile and requires help to do pretty much everything (she has to keep all weight off that leg for 3 months), so it will be tough on my dad to work, care for mom and care for his 94 year old mom still living at home. Could you pray for my dad ... For strength and his health and for a volunteer to appear and provide help as well for mom?
Could you pray for my sisters and brother still living in the same town as my parents & grandma ... that they will be able to help without being told (it's harder for my 17 year old brother to understand this concept) (my 2 years younger sister already helps a great deal with my grandma, but has work, school and a hubby as well to take care of)? I wish I were there to help, but I'm 3 hours away and trying to decide with work being so crazy, whether to go back home for a few days with Luke to help out.
Finally, the owner of the company I work for ... her husband (the man that hired me and mentored me to be a great cabinet designer/salesperson) ... He is having surgery today (7/31) to replace his pacemaker and the lead wires that go into his heart. He has been frail and the pacemaker has been kicking in, which is a good and bad thing (good that it is working and keeping him alive, bad because of how frequent it has been working and he has had a few scares already about being so close to death if it didn't kick in). If you could pray for his strength and recovery and for peace for his family tomorrow.
I appreciate your prayers a few days ago for my mom's health!!! I hate to ask for so many prayers from you all, but I know the power of prayer ... especially my blog friends. I continue to pray for all you in return.

12 comments:

  1. You got it! I'm glad to hear that your mom was able to make it to the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad she was able to make the wedding! Praying for all to have the strength they need-including you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray! So glad your mom could go to the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying!!! So glad your mom was able to make it to the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hard to be away from home when we need family and when family needs us.
    Praying all goes well with your mom's recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for all of them. I don't think you should feel bad about asking for prayers. I think that's what this community is for--encouraging and praying for each other. I hope everything works out for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry things are rough for your family right now! Glad your mom was able to go to the wedding. Praying for a helper for your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never apologize for asking for prayer, friend! Ask away. We all need them.

    I hope all is peaceful and your mom and mentor are healing and resting.

    I hope you are resting as well! For Luke and your family. May God cover you all with grace and blessings!

    ReplyDelete