Here are some of Luke's 4 week old pictures from last Monday ... tomorrow he will be 5 weeks old. Agh! Where has the time gone? I go back to work next Monday. Seven days left ... the countdown begins ...
<3 His little smiles make me melt. <3
After our bath in our bear towel
Today, May 6th, we welcomed Luke into the Catholic Church! We celebrated the Baptism after the 10:30 am Mass with my parents, sisters, brothers-in-law, brother & hubby's parents. My best friend (pregnant with twins), her hubby and two-and-a-half year old boy also were down for the weekend and celebrated with us.
It was a wonderful ceremony, but we didn't feed Luke during Mass, and the baptism was at the time he should have eaten, so ... he was fussy. So much for the godparents holding him. Mama got to hold him and shush him and pat his bottom and didn't get the "full effect" of the day. Oh well. It still counts, right? Not to mention the full diapers of warm, messy poop he made right.as.we.were.getting.him.dressed! And then he wouldn't stop! Ahh, memories!
Buttoning up the Baptismal Gown that has been worn by all of my mom's side since 1949. Her older brother, herself, her two youngest siblings, all of their kids and now all the grandkids are privileged to wear this heirloom.
Outside prayer at the start of the baptism before processing into the church. Little J, my friend's 2-1/2 year old, was such a cutie ... he kept walking closer and closer to Father, all the while listening so intently ... then ran off. :-)
After the water was poured ... little Luke didn't cry WHEN the water was poured on his head ... just before and after. Go figure. :-)
Hubby with the Baptismal Candle and me keeping Luke pacified.
Hubby, I, Father Frank, and Luke's Godparents
Hubby and I with Luke
Godparents B and N ... my sister and her hubby
My BFF (due in July), her hubby and 2-1/2 year old with Luke
My side of the family with our star attraction!
Hubby's parents and us. We are so grateful they came to support us. They are not Catholic (neither is hubby), yet came to Mass and the Baptism today regardless.
A good shot of Luke & my dad ... enjoying Grandpa-hood.
Luke is his first grand-child.
My sister making faces with her godson. He studied her like no other.









Congratulations and welcome to the family Luke!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that hubby's parents came - so awesome!
Welcome to the family Luke!! Such a cutie..
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! He is growing fast! Such a doll! :)
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute, and that dress looks awesome on you! Welcome to the Catholic family, Luke!
ReplyDeleteHe is so incredibly perfect! Welcome to the Catholic family, Luke! We are so blessed to have you!
ReplyDeleteAwww congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Church, Luke!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessed day. :) Welcome, Luke!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Mama! So many great memories and photos for such a special day. Welcome to God's family, Luke!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the story and all the pictures!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Luke on your baptism!
Welcome, new Catholic! :) Congratulations! You all looked wonderful!! :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures and story of Luke's day. I love the story of his gown.
ReplyDeleteP.S. 5 weeks already?!? Really?
I cant beleive he is 4 weeks already so cute
ReplyDeleteXoXo
~Elizabeth
http://theelegantlifeofe.blogspot.com/
Welcome to the family Luke!
ReplyDeleteHow did four weeks go by already???
Welcome, Little Child of God! Nice pictures :) During JB's baptism, as I was getting him dressed, he pee'd all over the place when I changed his diaper. Good times!
ReplyDeleteWelcome baby Luke! And I just have to say, that pic of him in the bear towel is just too precious!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. You look very glamourous for this special occasion. It seems like you just got him.
ReplyDeleteYay Luke, a new creation in Christ !
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the pictures from Luke's big day! Looks like you had a beautiful day for his baptism.
ReplyDeleteYou asked me on my blog if we had sent anything to Z for Mother's Day. I didn't want to post it on my blog since I'm not sure if she got what we sent her yet (and she reads my blog.) But we sent her a bouquet of flowers, two cards, and a handprint painting from Zoe. :) I hope she likes everything.
Congrats!
ReplyDeleteGlad you loved the earrings!! Every pair we make, I want to keep! :) I am very happy they have a beautiful owner.
ReplyDelete!!!!!Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
Yay Congrats to you all! I'm sure you're busy but I'd love to hear how going back to work goes! I'm already dreading it :(
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Congratulations again! Such wonderful news!
ReplyDelete