Just wanted to let you all know that there is no news yet. We don't know anything one way or the other. I'm not sure whether or not to call Sue and ask her how long the process takes in which the birth parents decide who they select. I guess as an adoption "novice," I could. I would imagine that she'll let us know even if we don't get picked. How long does the "selection" process by the birth parents take?
I had a thought on Monday night that perhaps this is God's way of getting me through Thanksgiving with my pregnant sister-in-law, "L". I have the possibility of being a mother ... until I hear otherwise. I can pretend that the birth parents are picking us. I am hoping it will lessen the pain and jealousy I might feel when seeing "L's" pregnant self over the holiday weekend.
Hang in there! Patience is so difficult but truly builds you up. I pray that you get the phone call soon!
ReplyDeletePatience is something that I have had A LOT of practice with while dealing with IF! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteTrust in the Lord. He knows what He's doing. Always hold on to the hope that it will be soon, cuz it will!
ReplyDeletePraying for you! I hope you find out soon!
ReplyDeleteSo hard! I know the feeling well. not knowing, not wanting to get your hopes up, and holidays coming up. I will pray!
ReplyDeletePraying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteOne thing that I learned now that we are parents via adoption is that each day brings you closer to the child God selected for you. There is one that from the moment of conception will be yours. Trust in this. I am praying for
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for y'all! I'm sure the anticipation is driving you a bit (a lot) crazy but I like your mindset-I hope you keep that mindset and have a wonderful-stress free holiday!! Every single day you are one step closer to becoming parents...hang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteHow very exciting! I bet it makes everything seem more real, that's for sure. Praying that everything will work out for the best. Even if this birthmother doesn't choose you, I am sure another will very soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you guys! I hope your Thanksgiving goes smoothly without too many 'inconsiderate' moments on their part.
ReplyDeleteI also am going to have to deal with a pregnant niece on Thanksgiving.(Yup, that's right, my little fertile 24 year old niece.) I have been so depressed lately and angry at the world. Your blog has helped me in more ways than you know. I understand your pain, frustration, etc...
ReplyDeleteI don't have any advice for you except that I understand what you're going through and you are not alone.
Novena to St Jude
ReplyDeleteMost holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly -
(make your request here)
- and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
Amen
PRAYER
May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.
May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen
St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.
Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.
(say this prayer, followed by the Our Father and Hail Mary)