Saturday, September 24, 2011

I'm Confused

Its been awhile since I've thought I had a double peak.  But this month, it seems that I am having one.

Day 10 - 6CK x2
Day 11 - 10CKL x1 (1-1/2" stretch)
Day 12 - 4AD
Day 13 - 10KL x1 (1-1/4" stretch) ... Peak Day
Day 14 - 4AD
Day 15 - 4AD
Day 16 - 6PC AD

The last four months I have peaked on Day 13, Day 10, Day 12 & Day 12, respectively.  I thought nothing of it.  I took my Ammoxicillan & Mucinex 3x per day as directed.  I stopped 2 days after my Peak on Day 15.

Imagine my surprise when on Day 17, my P+4, when I'm supposed to get a IM Progesterone shot, I see a 10KL (1" stretch)!  I thought it was a fluke.  I wanted to disregard it.  My hubby and I had quite a discussion on how to treat it ... as a fluke -OR- we actually pay attention and count it as a fertile sign.  I'm not much for shots, so it was easy to convince me that YES!  It was a fertile sign.

Imagine my surprise again, when today (Day 18) I also saw a 10CKL (1-1/2" stretch).  I guess my body is being totally weird this month!  I'm not any mucus enhancing drugs at all either (I typically MUST be on them to see ANYTHING!).  The only (gross) thing about all this is ... even during my fertile time this month ... I only see the mucus after a bowel movement.  I must be an alien life form.

My question ... AM I right?  Do I consider this a "double-peak" and start my shots in 4 days and do my P+7 bloodwork in 7 days?

Just when I thought my cycles were getting to be somewhat "normal" .....  they're not!

9 comments:

  1. Trust your instincts...I think you are right- it looks like a double peak. Think about your stress levels around this cycle- where they higher than normal? If so, it's most likely a double peak as stress can cause that. So sorry, but it does sound like you know your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a double-peak recently (it was during a cycle we had to abstain)...but I would definitely take advantage of the potential fertility!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happens to me all the time! I'm sorry you are going through it :( The question to ask: are you sure it is mucus? For us, we would "do the baby dance" on what appeared to be my peak day, and I learned that I was real bad at getting all the "stuff" out afterwards, hence, it would come out 2-3 days later. Confusing yes, especially when you have to identify your P day correctly because you have to take meds on P+days. My suggestion: if you are sure it is mucus and not "something else," then wait to take the shot. If it "might" be left-overs (with a decent probability), then go ahead with the shot. If I were you, I'd take the shot. Every time I would question my peak day, I would find that I was right the first time. I'd take the shot... And I agree with the above ladies: trust your instincts and have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for the advice! I really appreciate it!! I'm sure it is mucus, bc its been 3 days since we BD'd. I don't remember much stress, but I was working til 6 or 7 at night most of this last week. That could have been it. I didn't feel stressed, though.
    As today is P+5, I'm too late for my P+4 shot anyway. I guess ill wait til this new P+4 and P+7 to do labs. Then I'll know whether I was right or not. Either way, we will try and have some fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought I knew all the abreviations under the sun... I don't know much about those... BUT, I would go with it never hurts to treat it like it's fertile. Sounds like its GO time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much advice from me as I am still trying to become a better charter, but I say GO FOR IT as well! I also suffer from poor CM...isn't it a great feeling when you finally see some of the "good" stuff!?!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I knew all the acronyms too but all these ones relating to charting and cm are foreign to me! I hope you get it figured out though! I never had a lot of cm either but we ended up doing IUI so that bypassed the need for it anyways. Good luck to you this cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THough I have never had a double peak, it certainly seems like one. I hate it when by body doesn't work the way I want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, wish I had advice on this, but I don't. :( Hope you giet it all figured out. Blessings to you this cycle!

    ReplyDelete