Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Learning How to be Patient ...

Our photo book and "Dear Birthmother" letters are complete!!!  Ok, maybe they could be proofread again, but I really feel a sense of accomplishment on just having them 99% done.  We made the "big push" to get them done late last night because Sue, our adoption case worker, was coming to our house this afternoon to review our homestudy and we wanted to show them to her for her opinion.  I just found out over the noon hour that she won't be able to make it today, she has pneumonia.  That's a little serious!  We re-scheduled until next Monday afternoon.  Hmmm.  One more chance to learn the art of patience.

Sue had mailed us a copy of the homestudy paperwork she's written up so we could review it and correct any errors.  In reading over our homestudy paperwork, lets just say that she had a LOT of errors!  I guess I'm a little surprised at how many times we were asked questions about our family/schooling/whatever on two separate occasions and she still has that info incorrect.  I know she wrote it down both times.  I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, though too.  I know she has alot going on at her job, however, accuracy is sure important!  We have lots of crossing out and arrows.  :)  Hopefully this has happened to several of you regarding paperwork inaccuracies?   Sue is the greatest lady, but I'm starting to wonder ....

The one thing I did enjoy reading was the snippets of nice things our references said about our abilities to be parents.  The final paragraph of the paperwork was Sue's own recommendation that she sees us as great parents-to-be.  When I first read that, I cried.  Its like we're finally getting somewhere.  Someone recognizes our potential as parents.

In other news, at my Endocrinologist appointment, I found out that my T4 (and something else, I forgot) was low, so this gal is now taking Synthroid at 50 mcg.  So much for not taking any thyroid meds!  I was in hopes that my right half of the thyroid would supplement for my missing left half, but that's just how my body seems to be ... breaking down.  I'm not looking forward to getting older and MORE medical problems.  :)

10 comments:

  1. When we had our homestudy completed by our county, there were tons of errors. Birthdays were wrong, wedding date was wrong, among other things. I just chalk it up to human error and long hours. I don't expect anything less when we do this thing over again with a private agency.

    *To Grow Our Family*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on moving along on your homestudy. We still have a ways to go. Our SW's name is Sue as well. Interesting. Sorry to hear about the thyroid medication but maybe it will be the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one this this IF journey has taught me is patience!!! I hope that your visit goes well next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is super fantastic news that your profile and Dear Birthmother letters are done! What a great milestone, and big big thing to check off the list!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

    We had a lot of errors in our homestudy report too. So I know how disheartening and frustrating it is to read through that very *official* report and see a total disaster. Our SW was able to make all the corrections needed, but that was one of the (many) reasons I wasn't thrilled with the private company who did our homestudy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be annoyed about the errors also. At least they are letting you proof it! I have a friend to needed reference letters a few years ago and she said everyone should be in the position to get them because it was so great to read what her friends and colleagues thought of her. She said it was like an obituary before death. HA! Praying everything goes smoothly the rest of the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying you got all your paperwork straightened up for good. :)

    The adoption process sure is one to both take a lot out of you and also put a lot back in, isn't it? As for patience, be still and KNOW. He is God of everything and everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you don't mind my stopping by your blog. God's blessing as you start your adoption journey! It won't be easy, but BEYOND worth it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing your photo book and dear birthmother letter! I can't imagine what that is like to do.

    Patience is NOT easy... I hope the visit goes well next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing the photo book and letter! As you know from reading my blog, I struggle similarly with patience! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm just catching up on your blog...I thought I added you to my google reader, but you aren't there...ugh! Adding you now! :)

    ReplyDelete