Of course, you all knew I would survive. :)
It was a long night at the K-State game on Saturday, which was L.O.N.G. and boring until the last 3 minutes of the game. I swear there were a full three quarters where the score was 0 to 0. It was painful to watch ... both teams need more practice. My pregnant SIL, her hubby and I ended up sitting by each other in a row ... me next to her. Even after I begged and pleaded with my DH to please *NOT* have me sit by them, he leaves for a drink and they come down to sit in the seats beside me, so my DH has to sit in the seats a few rows up where they were. We made small talk. Our seats were pretty high up in the stadium and when I thought about the gift my SIL & BIL were given (it was in the front of my mind all the time), I teared up ... BUT I thought about all the generous ladies who were praying for me and I felt better. I wasn't alone that day. I'm not alone with my feelings. I'm not alone in my journey. Your prayers helped SO much! Thank you!!!
We had a quick trip the next morning to CO for my cousin's wedding ... 7 hours in a car on Sunday AM with the wedding that night & then we turned around and left the next day about 11 am and drove back 7 hours. I don't think I want to do that again for a long time. It was a beautiful wedding! My cousin's dress was gorgeous, the decorations were super cute and the reception site and dinner were fabulous! All this within view of the mountains.
I took the next day (Tuesday) off and did practically nothing. :) Well, I did end up finishing my adoption picture book & am now 2.5 pages into my Dear Birthmother letter (my husband is only one paragraph in, oh dear!). I think that I can finish the rest up this weekend ... that is my goal. We have a meeting with our Adoption Case Worker on Tuesday afternoon to review our homestudy, so I thought I'd go over our letters and photo book and she can let us know what to change. I also might google Dear Birthmother letter examples thanks to a post from GIMH. I'd never thought of that. :) Like GIMH says, I just need help knowing what to say & putting it into words. Some people write things out so eloquently.
My BIL in the National Guard has been stationed in our city for the last three weeks and spending every night with us (he does leave to sleep at the barracks). Its been hard to be productive around the house as well as exercise, but I enjoy his company. My sister (his wife) is coming down tonight to spend the weekend with us/him. I'm looking forward to it. We'll have alot more time to hang out than last weekend's trip.
I found out a few days ago (from my military BIL) that my sister & him are having trouble conceiving, which I kind of wondered about. I'd assumed they used birth control (I know, I know ... I'm assuming ... I know how much it irks me when people assume). They're Catholic, but I'm not sure exactly how much they adhere to everything in the family planning department. Anyway, they've been married for 4 years as of June 2nd. He just got back this last June from a year overseas and was deployed about 5-6 years ago for a year as well. In my conversation with him, he's not sure whether its him (with all the stuff they vaccinate/expose them to in the military) or my sister (we are quite the sterile family, huh?). I told them that NaPro & PPVI is working for us (although we've yet to get pregnant), but he thinks that he'll get tested and if nothing's wrong, then my sister will get shots that help you get pregnant. Huh? I couldn't figure out what that meant. Clomid? HCG? IUI? He didn't know either. I wasn't sure what to say to him, as his mind sounded made up. I do plan to say something before they start any "shots" b/c I would hate to see them jump to anything immoral (like an IUI) and/or get pregnant and lose the baby b/c there's an underlying medical condition they didn't know about. That's the only silver lining in my infertility journey, I haven't had to experience the pain of a miscarriage. It would be THE worst thing.
Lastly, prayer buddies have been working overtime! There have been several great pregnancy announcements lately: Perfect Power in Weakness, Rise & Shine & Give God the Glory, and Matching Moonheads. Hopefully there are more to come! Congratulations, ladies!!!
What a gift that you were able to tell your BIL about Napro! I have no idea what 'shots to get pg' are. I'd love to just be able to take a shot and get pg! ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad you survived and that you take a day off. Looking forward to hearing more about your visit with SW.
ReplyDeleteGlad you survived the weekend and have had opportunities to share about Napro with your BIL. Just think of all the knowledge and experiences you can share with him and your sister! And yes, I was wondering how many pregnancies would come up during prayer buddies since it always seems to be a bunch. Praying for many more before Sept. 29th!
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it through! Did you happen to hear about the Husker game...it was a nailbiter! We were at a wedding reception but got regular text updates from DH's mom. Apparently we really looked terrible!! I hope we shape up in two weeks for Wisconsin!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you made it through - and that you were even able to take a day off afterwords! It sounds like you needed it!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're able to share more info with your sister and BIL about Napro, and that it will be a direction that they feel their hearts are lead towards.