Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Blog Slacker ... but with good reason!

I'm officially a slacker when it comes to blogging.  Oops!

I meant to blog on Saturday, but I spent most of the day working on the photo book for our Adoption.  We are about 95% done with it.  All we have left (besides the daunting "Dear Birthmother" letters) is the "What DH says about me" and "What I say about DH" pages.  I'm not sure if we need to include those, but I've seen adoptive parents do this and if I were the birthmom, I would want to know.  After my hubby cooked me supper (score!), I vegged out for a few hours in front of the TV (my reward for working on the book) and then crashed.  I really enjoyed this last weekend, as it was the only weekend in quite a while that I've been home to enjoy it!  I have to work every 3rd weekend and we go to see our parents/siblings once a month (sometimes two if necessary), so it doesn't leave lots of free time.  And as a result ..... I take advantage of being a slacker on the weekends I have nothing to do.  :)  My hubby says that I deserve it ... and I believe him!  haha

I meant to blog on Sunday when I was catching up on things (emails, bills, budget and laundry ... oh my!), but I didn't make it.  I did talk to my parents and managed to decipher a plan for the exciting trips that are coming up this weekend.  These trips include a K-State football game (with the in-laws) and a wedding in Colorado (with the family).  For the football game, we're taking my DH, me, my little brother, my brother-in-law B, my pregnant BIL & SIL and my in-laws.  How's that for a mix?

As for the Colorado wedding, my cousin is getting married.  It will be interesting.  Without being to gossipy, it won't be in a church or have a specific religious affiliation.  Those are always the interesting ones.  I am not looking forward to the drive out there.  I loathe car trips ever since we drove home from Chicago once.  Twelve hours in a car.  Never again!  The only good part about that (kinda) was that the hubby drove there himself (for work) and I flew out there.  I would SO rather fly than drive.  Even though it means waiting in an airport for a short flight.  :-)

I meant to blog last night, but my brother-in-law, B, was over.  He is in the National Guard who is having training for a month in our city.  How ironic ... of all the places, its where WE live!  I'm so glad he is able to be somewhere where he knows someone.  He's been over at our house two evenings last week and last night as well.  B did go home over the weekend to see his wife, my sister.  Its nice to have him over, but its also nice to do your own thing, too.

Prayer buddy, I need to ask you a favor.  Its been floating around in my head all week .... can you pray for me on Saturday?  I'll be at the K-State game.  Don't pray for the Wildcats to win (Really!  I'm a Husker at heart), but please pray that I can be at peace and not be jealous/envious of my pregnant sister-in-law.  Its been awhile since we've seen them (since the shocking announcement) and I'm sure she's showing and I'm sure my mother-in-law (who's also coming) wants to baby-talk alot.  I'm really dreading this weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers coming your way for this weekend! Just remember, your time will come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy and sounds like you will be busy! Hope you guys have fun!

    I'll pray for you for Saturday-I understand those feelings and will pray that you are able to be a peace and just have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on almost completing the adoption photo book.....I stressed about that part. I am sure it will look great. Prayers for you as you enter the weekend.....feelings of envy/jealously are so tough to manage. God is with you, don't forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog and noticed you have some blogs in common. I will pray for you on Saturday!!! I know how hard it can be! I second what Patiently said! He will get you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for peace and lightheartedness on Saturday. Those feelings are so hard, but you are doing the smart thing and preparing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have been busy!

    I'll be praying for you. Being around pg people is never easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We haven't been asked to do any adoption book of any kind. I wonder if that is because we are not doing a domestic adoption. Your husband is right. You deserve a break. That is a lot of activity. Try and get someone to sit in between you and your MIL/SIL so you don't have to listen :) I hope it isn't TOO painful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope you make it through Saturday without too much heartache!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for you on dealing with this weekend and for your adoption process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited that you are working on your adoption booklet and are getting ready to send it off. That's cool. And yes, I agree, writing the dear birthmother letters are so hard. It is a hard line to balance, between wanting to impress and not wanting to say too much. I understand that!

    Oh, yes, I wanted to say that I will be a working mom and that has come up before. There was a birth mother who wanted a stay at home mom and we couldn't commit to that. It was hard to pass on that, but you do have to believe that the right situation will come across at the right time ( in HIS time, right?)

    And yes, I know being around pregnant women can be hard, so my prayers will be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Husker at heart? Are you also a fellow Nebraskan? Go big red!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how exciting that your Adoption book is almost complete! And I hope your weekend is fun in spite of all the pregnancy talk.

    ReplyDelete