Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy 5th Anniversary & LUFS

We celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary on Friday, August 5th.  I can't believe its been FIVE YEARS already!  Where does the time go?  In putting our adoption photo book together last night, we were looking at our honeymoon pictures in Hawaii.  Back then, we were just happy-go-lucky people who hadn't the slightest idea of what life would throw our way.   

Josh & I celebrated with a dinner out at Applebees.  He gave me flowers, chocolate and the cutest card (with cats on it, of course) with a handwritten note inside ... the perfect gifts!  Josh is the most wonderful, thoughful, perfect man that I am SO very blessed to be married to.  I think about how impatient I was to get married or I would be an old maid (I was only 24 when I met him and 25 when we married).  But I do see how it truly was planned by God.  Josh will be a wonderful father someday.

Last year at this time, I was having a Laparoscopy on our 4th Anniversary at PPVI.  It was quite the celebration, let me tell you, especially with the bowel prep the night before!  ("Happy Anniversary, honey, now give me an enema!")

Ironically, a nurse from PPVI called me the day before our anniversary this year and said that with both this cycle and the cycle before, I had a Lutenized Unruptured Follicle (LUF) ... which means I didn't ovulate.  Great.  I wonder how long THAT has been happening.  I've been on Femara the last few months, so I'm not sure if that's a reason for the LUF.  Argh!!!  Just one more kink.  

When I had my ultrasound series at PPVI a year ago, they did say that I did ovulate.  I wonder if that was a freak cycle or if these last ones were.  I am taking IM Progesterone (100 mg) on P+4,7,10 to "shrink" the follicle (hoping that works, but I doubt it).  I have an ultrasound on Day 3 of my next cycle to check out what's going on inside.

Are there questions I should be asking my doctor?  Are there medicines I should bring up?  I know Dr. Keefe at PPVI knows what she's talking about, but it feels like my wheels are spinning sometimes and I'm not getting anywhere.  

9 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! So sorry about the LUFS. I don't have any advice to give or questions you can ask because I also suspect I have LUFS though it's never been confirmed as I haven't had an ultrasound series. Praying for you to get some answers real soon! (and then you can share your answers with the rest of us;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I hope that the LUFS was just a fluke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Happy anniversary honey! Now give me an enema!"
    Oh man this had me cracked up! While we were doing our surgery prep I could have sworn that was the most awkward position for a couple to be in but apparently many others have had to do it as well! And yes, hoping the LUFS was just a one (two?) time thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was told as well that I experienced LUFS during my ultrasound series at PPVI. Talk about the icing on the cake after an already stressful surgery, blocked tube, and endometriosis. I am waiting until my next surgery to discuss the possible treatment options for this. I will pray that we both get some answers!

    Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary!! May God continue to bless you for years to come. Sorry about the LUFS. Here's hoping it's a fluke or it's the Femara and easy to fix:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! :)

    Sorry to hear about the LUFS-my doctor thinks I may have that and I am seriously in the dark as to what one does for this! If you find anything out let me know-and I'll do the same for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our anniversaries are exactly 7 days apart. We celebrated our 5th this year too! Congrats on the decision to adoption and thanks for reading my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I remembered that you experienced LUFS in the past as well and wanted to ask you a few questions. Would you mind e-mailing me at patientlywaitingkinda@hotmail.com? As you probably remember, I am also a patient of Dr. Keefe's at PPVI. My main question is how did they know that you experienced LUF two months later? I am pretty sure I am experiencing the same thing...... Thanks! Still praying for our biological and/or adoptive babies to arrive soon. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete