Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Finally Getting Started

Thank you for all your kind comments on my last post.  I am feeling better about the whole situation, but I just needed to have a pity party for awhile, I guess.  I'm just a person who doesn't love surprises, especially about babies!  One of the more prominent, recurrent thoughts I've had is ... what if I end up pregnant or adopting in the next nine months?  If I were in my SIL's shoes, how would it feel to have someone so unhappy about my pregnancy, only to be so happy about her own good fortune months later?  That thought has kept me from getting too jealous.

Before the whole "announcement", that previous week, we'd scheduled an appointment with a social worker in a local (very small, but Catholic) agency.  We ended up completing the initial paperwork and spending time talking with her about our family history for about 1-1/2 hours.  She was going to wait until the first of August to get us started with our referencs and all the FBI/fingerprint stuff (she is taking a 2 week vacation at the end of July), but she called in today to let us know that she is getting started yet this week!  Yay!   Our (my) goal is to get our doctor visits done, our birthmother letters done and our profile book done by the time we meet with her next, in the first part of August.  I haven't started.  I need to get in gear, as I end up being a perfectionist and cramming things until the last minute.  I'd just like to not do that so much here.

Today is P+15.  I'm sure AF is around the corner.  Since this is my second month on F.emara, I seem to have alot of LUF's or a cyst from what the ultrasonographer said at my P+4 ultrasound.  I'm a little nervous about that.  More things to fix!  I thought I was eliminating problems, not creating them.  Ack!

7 comments:

  1. I tried to comment on your previous blog post, but blogger just wouldn't let me. I am so sorry about the surprise announcement - it seems a lot of those are going around lately. I am also really sorry about how the family handled it and kind of flaunted it in your face. :(

    I am glad you are feeling a little bit better about it all in all, you just have to do what is best for you!

    Good luck with the adoption stuff. It can be overwhelming so just take it one step at a time and if you have to take breaks in between...give yourself that chance. I know when we were getting certified, I would just have to put the paperwork away for a while, take a deep breath and move forward when I was ready again.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pity party is okay. I am glad you are doing better. After just recently completing our initial adoption paperwork feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Our dear birthmother letter is posted on my blog. Certainly far from perfect but it may start giving you some ideas! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you get started with Adoption related work. Hoping that the LUFS and cysts turn into a miracle like St.Rita's Roses. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have also started the adoption process. Good luck to you on your journey and I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that your adoption stuff goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on all of your goals. Praying they work out as hoped.

    Blessings!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such great news about your social worker getting on with it! And it seems like you're inspired to get things done on your end, too. Hopefully your adoption process continues to move forward at a steady pace! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete