Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cycle Review Update

I had a good cycle review with PPVI.  They are now doing chart reviews via email, which I think will be a good thing, but I didn't get any information on my Progesterone & Estradiol levels last month.  I feel bad bugging them again with all the people they have to help, so I guess I'll just do that this next month.  It is nice that you can just scan your chart instead of reading all the info off to them, as well as typing out your list of meds vs. confirming them over the phone.  I do think I will appreciate that.  I just hate the fact that it takes so long to get an answer back .... usually I'm trying to rush a pharmacy for a prescription so I can take it on Day 3 and PPVI called it in at the last minute.  I would eventually like to donate to their organization so they can add office staff and doctors to help the flow of info to patients, but I'm giving them a pretty penny as it is.  Yikes!

I did find out that I ovulated last month on the left ovary, but I have a small cyst on my right ovary (where DO they come from?).  Plus, they increased the Fe.mara to 40 mg. vs. 25 mg.  I hope that doesn't make my cyst grow huge or anything.  Lately, I've had really bad acne on my face & I didn't know if that's a side effect of the Fe.mara ... or just simply the combo of all the drugs I'm taking.  Either that, or the fact that its 105 outside this week and next week (and was last week too).  Has anyone else had acne that started up b/c of this?  I thought I'd recently found a good combo of products to use for my face & makeup, as my acne has been the clearest its been since puberty (ha!), but now, my face is a mess of bumps again.  Bummer.

Hope you all stay cool!  It looks like no one can avoid this HEAT WAVE!

5 comments:

  1. I had tempermental skin while on Femara, and I had barely a pimple when I was a teenager. I have had more acne as an IF adult than I did as a teenager, but at least I have hormones that are in the normal range!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that PPVI needs more office staff, but I always feel bad about complaining because each time I do talk to them I feel so at peace. Haven't taken Femara but I am prone to breakouts anyway. Hooray! something to look forward to if/when I do take Femara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- Thanks for all the helpful information you commented on my blog last week- it is really helpful and I appreciate it!

    We've had crazy hot weather here in WI as well and I think that the heat and humidity definitely play up with acne. Sweat can clog up pores- mix that with makeup residue and that is probably what is doing it.

    Anyways, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog thru your comment on Jess's blog, When the Music Fades...I have also been to PPVI, had a laparoscopy and laparotomy for endometriosis and am currently treating with Dr. Hilgers. It's always nice to see other people doing the same treatment as I am, since it definitely isn't the norm! I look forward to reading more on your blog...I'll have to go back and read more of your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog. :) As a fellow NaPro patient (but not with PPVI due to insurance reasons), I just wanted to write in to encourage you to "bug" the folks at PPVI... especially if you are a long-distance patient. I too hate to feel like I am "bugging" people, but they rely on you to be assertive given the case-load they have there, and I think they are keenly aware that it's all too easy for a patient to slip through the cracks when long distance. A call every two weeks to check in isn't unreasonable! They are there to help. :) God bless you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete