Happy Easter to everyone! It ended up being much longer between blog posts than I'd thought. My hubby (J) and I went up to see our parents over the Easter weekend and ended up taking Monday off from work. We have about 1.5 hours to see his parents and then another hour up towards my parents. Luckily, J's parents house is on the way to my hometown, so we are always able to see our parents on all the holidays, splitting the typical 2 day weekend between both places. Sometimes its harder having both sets of parents so close, as one set always wants to spend more time than we can allow. I also got to see one of my oldest friends and her family this weekend. She has four boys ranging from ages 2 up to 7. Wow! They have a LOT of energy! (So cute though.) We were also able to chat with my Grandma and J's Grandma and Grandpa, which we see on the "big" holidays only. Its just to hard to get everyone together, especially as everyone gets married and has to "compromise" with the new in-laws. I am lucky, though. I got a great extended family.
The highlight of my weekend came via recommendation by my mother-in-law. She recommended a Lifetime movie about this lady who wanted to get pregnant and ended up having 6 babies all at once. She wants me to try "some of that" and doesn't understand why I won't do IVF. She is Grandbaby-CRAZY! We are the first to get married out of all the kids on both sides, so after 4-1/2 years of "waiting" (not-so-patiently, by the way), there are hints and questions and suggestions out the whazoo. Like this one about a month ago, "There are lots of Japanese orphans since the tsunami / earthquake. Why don't you adopt one of them?" What do you say to that, other than letting your husband roll his eyes at his mother? Its hard to say anything other than just smile and say "oh, I'll check into it" because you're the in-law. My parents aren't as bad, thankfully. I'm sure it is due to the fact that it took them 3-1/2 years to have me. Its just so hard when people (like my m-i-l) can't relate. She had 4 kids all in a row when she wanted and ended up getting her tubes tied so she didn't have to have any more. I wish I had her fertility system!
Speaking of my incapable organs, I am sitting here at P + 15 and waiting for baited breath. When am I going to get my period? I'm sure it will start tonight ... right before I get the chance tomorrow to go to the doctor for a blood draw. My local doctor said that if I get to P + 16 and don't have my period to come in for a blood test. I've never had the chance. I took a pregnancy test this morning (the strip kind you dunk in your pee that they send you with a group of ovulation strips). It was negative, of course. While I was waiting for the result, I pictured the most perfect Mothers Day ... we were able to buy a "Grand" Mothers Day card for our moms and tell everyone then. Now, I'm just counting down the hours until tomorrow and praying that I don't get my period by tomorrow at lunch so I can go in for a blood test. I'm hoping and praying that this could be the month!
I am asking St. Gianna to intercede for you! Today would be a great day to get a BFP - it is her feast day!
ReplyDeleteJBTC - Thank you!!! I said a quick prayer this morning to her after your reminder. :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a busy Easter! It's hard when someone so close to you can't understand your perspective - especially about fertility options. Those situations are challenging to handle with grace. But it's great that you've found a go-to answer that works for both you and her.
ReplyDeletePrayers and good thoughts going your way!! I hope there's good news coming soon for you!
I'm so sorry. It is so difficult to be waiting and waiting with family who doesn't understand your methods or why you don't "just adopt" because after all, since they've never done it, they think it's easy. Adoption is something you both have to feel ready to move to, and even then, adoptions always close in countries where natural disasters have happened. That's the little piece the media always forgets to report!
ReplyDeleteAsking St Gianna for intercession too!
Thanks, ladies for all your kind comments!
ReplyDelete