Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wow! My First Post!

Hello to everyone that may read this!  I've been "blog-stalking" most of you for awhile now.  :)  It all started on the drive back from Omaha after my laparotomy in September 2010.  I was feeling just generally down-in-the-dumps ... like you do after your stomach has been sliced open ... and was on the iPad just killing time and searching the internet for someone also in my misery.  Well, I found someone!

While my husband drove us back to Kansas, I started reading the blog written by "Sew Infertile" (now Sew Hormonal) from the very beginning.  It took the rest of the car ride.  I was hooked.  Here was someone who could identify with my struggles to get pregnant, had a worse surgery experience than I did ... and now was pregnant!  How inspiring!  That was where I wanted to be soon!

From Sew's blog, I hopped over to several other blogs and started reading those as well.  There are so many inspiring success stories, as well as those of us still in the infertile trenches, figuring out the "combinations" it takes of God, prayer & drugs to be blessed with a child.

Although I've never been blessed to be pregnant yet, like many of you, I am hoping it will be soon.  I kept holding off starting this blog, thinking "Why would start an infertile blog?  I will be pregnant soon."  Ha Ha.  My best laid plans don't coincide what God has in store for me.  I am the person who hasn't painted the 3rd bedroom in our house because "I'll have to re-paint it 'soon' for a nursery."  Well, after almost 5 years, that hasn't happened and the marks on the wall from the previous homeowners are still there.

Obviously, no one knows the plans God has in store for me ... and you can see that I haven't correctly "guessed" them yet!  :)  I hope you'll continue to follow me on my journey and see how His Perfect Timing unfolds in my life.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! It has been a great source of encouragement for me and although I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone, it is great to find a group of people that can understand and care. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the public side of blogging! I stalked for a long time too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!! I also was a lurker for the longest time before I decided to post and it has been increible. the support and prayers have kept me alive during very difficult times. Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! It is always nice when someone de-lurks. I pray you find solace here, and even more: that you are blessed with a beautiful child soon.

    Oh, and in reference to September 2009; I said the same thing when I saw REAL 10KL! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blog world! I too am a new blogger but have already felt so welcomed by this wonderful community. I will add you to my blogroll. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha oops, I already commented! I forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to read your first post- I love starting at the beginning! Welcome to the blog world. I've met the most amazing women through blogging!

    ReplyDelete