The most daunting choices (for me) is Cabinet Hardware & Lighting. It makes a statement. I have a hard time sometimes helping others select what they want (well, it is a little easier when it isn't yourself). But ... after much deliberation, I have narrowed it down to three choices that I like the best.
Here are the my THREE choices.
CHOICE #1 (far left), CHOICE #2 (middle), CHOICE #3 (far right)
Despite the finishes shown, I will do them all in a Satin/Brushed Nickel finish (silver, non-chrome). I am looking for mainly a style choice. I have decided I like the hardware standing out from the dark Cabinets, therefore I chose the Satin/Brushed Nickel.
Choice #3 (left) .... Choice #2 (right)
Choice #1 (shown in silver on left & grey on right)
CHOICE #1:
CHOICE #2:
CHOICE #3:
***** ***** ***** ***** *****
***** NOW FOR LIGHTING *****
***** ***** ***** ***** *****
CHOICE 1:
This is DH's favorite and is starting to grow on me. The hardware style I would pick is in the bottom left hand corner of the picture. Please ignore the poor photoshop job ... but you get the idea. :-) The table with light above will go in front of the louvered bi-fold doors in this area (centered between the four recessed can lights in the ceiling will be the light above the table. Lots of door/window openings in this area!!)
CHOICE 2:
I like the style of hardware (bottom left corner), but I think this may be too fancy? It has to go by all those doors/windows in the picture above ... would I be crazy for putting fancy in that area?
CHOICE 3:
Similar to choice 2, but a little different. You can see a trend. :-)
CHOICE 4:
I wasn't even going to post this, but decided I wanted to document the process. I think the pendants are a little dark & blend in ... as well as maybe won't go so well with the Stainless Cabinet Pulls.
***** ***** ***** ***** *****
That's it ... you now know I'm CRAZY and OBSESSED about these little things. My poor DH ... I overanalyze and talk things to death!! :-) What do you think? What would YOU do?





Of course I like them all.... But I like choice 1 for both handles and lighting :) I agree that the last lighting choice is a bit dark. 2, 3 are both gorgeous! I think my second choice for lights would be #3. I love watching this all come together!!! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteI overall like choice #2 for handles and lighting combo, I wouldn't worry about being too fancy it's your house and fancy is nice :) Although I will say these are all gorgeous choices and you really can't for wrong!
ReplyDeleteI like choice # 1 on hardware & lighting.
ReplyDeleteOh man! They'd all be beautiful but I think I'm digging #1 for both. Can't wait to see what you pick! :D
ReplyDeleteThat kitchen looks like its going to be amazing!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks good, but it's an easy call for me since I don't have to live with it. Choice #1 would be my pick on both. Of course, I don't like to pick things out, so I go with whatever gets the process over the most quickly! Also, I personally think that if you like choice #2 the best, you should go with it, and not worry about whether it's too fancy. In my opinion. Although, I know nothing about design, so my opinion should probably not count for much!
ReplyDelete1 for both:) fun post!!
ReplyDeleteSo... what did you choose? I am sorry I didn't weigh in! I like the fancy light fixture a lot... I may have to find it for myself.
ReplyDeleteI picked choice #2 for hardware & choice #2 for lighting, but I did a different chandelier over the table than what was pictured ... once I have that up, I'll take a picture! :-)
DeleteSo what did you choose? Just found your blog and I liked 1 for both too:-)
ReplyDeleteI picked choice #2 for hardware & choice #2 for lighting, but I did a different chandelier over the table than what was pictured ... once I have that up, I'll take a picture! :-)
Delete