Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pics, Consecration and Paint Colors

Hey all!  There's not a lot of big things happening here, but here are a few "newsies" and some cute Luke photos:

He LOVES to crawl in cubes and then stand up and turn around inside them, then leap out!


Luke went over to Grandpa & Grandma's house and climbed right up on the desk by himself.


Being silly in front of the camera!  Mommy stuck out her tongue.  Luke thought that was too funny, so he stuck out his too!  We love our iPhone and Luke loves to take "selfies"!


- I signed up for and completed my Consecration to Mary on December 8th by reading "33 Days to Morning Glory", which has 33 small readings and reflections for the day.  I (surprisingly) didn't miss many days ... about 3-4 total, which I made up doing double the readings on the following day.  There are so many great points in that book and I highly recommend reading it and consecrating yourself to Mary!  I remember thinking that only the "very Catholic people" would consecrate themselves, but then I realized that I am praying a daily Memorare for my family & friends, asking Mary's intercession for them and their intentions ... so how much "harder" is it to have her even more in my life?  It's not.  :-)  I try each day to act better and remember to ask her to intercede in my life.  Some days are better than others, but I do try.

- At Mass last Sunday, (the Immaculate Conception and the Day of Consecration), our little Lukie was quite the irritable inconsolable child with his tantrum during Mass.  We sat in the back pew, but after about 10 minutes, had to move to the cry room.  It was full, so we didn't get a pew, but rather sat in a few chairs in the back.  Without a pew to constrain Luke, he ran all over, including up to the front to be by a large Catholic family.  He jumped on the kneelers.  He ran over to pound on the window.  He kept making one of the boys get up to get out of his way to get to a window.  Then, he started coughing all over the kids, so we hopped up to get him.  I was mortified.  We couldn't pick him up and hold him, as he would scream bloody murder.  We needed a "naughty cry room", as he was the only one acting up.      He was screaming and flailing and rolling all over, so we left.  Yep.  We left Mass about mid-way through.  (Very terrible, I know.)  We get home, and the little stinker is running all over, forgetting about how naughty he was during Mass.  I was soooo irritated.  We cannot figure how to corral his energy and attitude, as today at Mass, DH took him into the cry room during the readings and I could hear him screaming through the entire homily.  They need thicker glass.

- At work, the other designer and I received a bonus for all the good work we are doing / have done at our job this last year.  That's pretty good, considering it is a rare occurrence to get anything more than $100, says the manager.  We were the only 2 out of 8 people to get one.  I am pretty excited, as hopefully my skills are showing well at work.  I am the computer whiz (my DH laughs and laughs at that, as I am clearly not at home) and the labeler / organizer at work.  It drives me nuts to have things messy and out of order.  I always get asked if I am working on anything, as I guess my desk is too clean to actually be doing any work.  I am very thankful to God, as money has been tight over the last year since the move.  Our income has been cut in half (almost), but it has been worth it, in my eyes.  We keep tithing and praying and God hasn't let us down yet.  He always provides.


- We drove down to see Josh's brother & family, as well as Luke's birth mom, Becca, over the Thanksgiving holiday.  We had a very nice time visiting everyone.  Luke had fun playing with his cousin (2 months older) during the time we were there.  They are going to be trouble the older they get, I think.  Becca and her family shared news that she had married her boyfriend (who was there during Luke's birth), so we were very excited for her!  I think they have a very good relationship and know he loves her son Eli (Luke's older brother).  Luke had fun jumping on the couches, playing with Eli, playing with Becca and wearing himself out!  He found Eli's cup of Koolaid and promptly drank it all up, one sip at a time (put down cup ... pick up cup ... sip ... put down cup ... pick up cup ... sip ... repeat)!  It was so cute!  We got a huge kick out of it!

Visiting DH's Grandma in the nursing home over Thanksgiving.  She has fallen several times & broken both her hips in the last year.  She has started to forget things, but always has a bright smile for her "little Lukie".  She brags about his hair and his smile to all who will listen.  She adopted DH's mom & DH's aunt about 60 years ago and been an inspiration to me.


Smiling for the camera on Thanksgiving.  Posing with us is Luke's cousin J (2 months older) and my MIL (DH's mom)


My little cheesy guy Luke with his cousin J.  They had fun sitting together and racing in the chair for a good 30 minutes!  They had the cutest laughs & squeals!


That is DH pushing the kiddos across the basement at BIL's house.  They loved it!!


- In Kitchen Remodel news, we have gotten the recessed can lights installed in the ceiling, some other electrical moved/installed, and the sheetrock up on the wall.  It's only taken 2 weeks.  (sigh)  It is a very slow process.  We waited all last week for sheetrock, then finally the guy comes Friday afternoon and hangs it.  It still has to be mudded and textured, then the ceiling painted before any Cabinets can be hung.  Hopefully by the end of the week we will have some Cabinets on the wall.  I'm not holding my breath.  We have flooring install scheduled for the last week of December, so I hope that Cabinets will be installed before then.  The week of Christmas is kind of burned through, as it is the middle of the week, so my guess is that anything that has to happen has to happen this week.  We will be living without Countertops until mid-January, I estimate, as there is Christmas + the countertop guy is taking a week off the first part of January.  Plus, he has other jobs to do.  At least get me my Cabinets and some Appliances.  I can make do without a sink ... I just need to stop piling crap on top of other crap.  That would make my day! 

After removing the old ceiling fan in the Kitchen, the single light in the dining room & adding (6) recessed can lights, it suddenly was brighter!  There will be three pendants above the island (blue boxes in the ceiling), a light over the dining table & a light over the sink.  Plus, you don't see the hideous old walls now that sheetrock is up!  It looks like we made progress.  :-)


Now ... who wants to pick a paint color with me?!??  I'm leaning towards these colors.  Do you like Blue-Grey or Brown walls?  I'm sure I'll post pics to have you vote here soon.  :-D


- Luke and I continue to pray for you all and your particular intentions every day at bedtime.  I know God hears my prayers, but I hope he will hear the prayers of Luke more (even though Luke doesn't get the whole process and bounces away or cries while I'm praying).  We pray especially for those of you who have empty arms this year and those of you waiting to find a spouse.  I can't forget those feelings myself.


7 comments:

  1. It is nice to read an update!
    Isaiah is the same way during Mass. No joke! We need a sound proof baby room for him alone so I can lock him in there and he won't disturb the whole church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love affair with browns and greys so your swatches are making me smile. So glad you got to see Becca and family! And C likes to use his outdoor voice at Mass too. He does like the music though so we sit by the choir and the piano player and that sometimes keeps quiet throughout. But yes... sound proof cry room would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 33 Days to Morning Glory is awesome! We consecrated ourselves two months ago after reading that and watching the videos. I never considered consecration for "holy people" yet I understand what you mean. I hope to be holy...one day...after I stop all my complaining I do all the time. But the desire is in my heart, and I have a feeling that will make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New are having the same problems with Mya in mass. I usually wear her on my back but even then she's loud, pulls my hair, pinches me and takes things from the other kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cousins picture is too cute!

    As for wall colors - I think I'm leaning towards browns.

    Great update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Like the brown hue's . Love the pics of Luke.. Sorry he's not behaving during mass.

    ReplyDelete