Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy ....

Its been a crazy, busy last few weeks.  I can't even remember most of what I did, its been such a whirlwind!

On June 4, we went to my husband's hometown for their 140th Anniversary Celebration.  Watching a town of "maybe" 300 people multiply to a few thousand overnight is certainly exciting stuff!  I had lots of fun exploring the old buildings, watching the parade & seeing where my husband went to school, as we were able to tour the now-closed school.  Josh was so proud showing me everything.  He was class valedictorian, so I had fun making him get on stage again to get a picture.

We also celebrated my 30th Birthday that same weekend, although I officially turned 30 on June 9th.  I was able to get a bunch of "granny gifts" since I'm "so old" now.  My sister thought all of the gifts up herself.  I was pretty surprised that she went as in-depth as she did.  I got a cane, denture cleaner, Ben Gay, granny panties, depends & a pill organizer.  I was PSYCHED about the pill organizer, as I was having to shove my mountain of daily meds into some tiny compartments in the organizers I have now.  You can see just how excited I am to receive all my neat gifts!  I'm saving them for her payback when she turns 30 in a few years .....



This past weekend, we went to my husbands 10 year reunion.  He had a class of only 13 kids.  It was fun seeing everyone he went to school with and how they'd changed from "back in the day."  The only thing that didn't work out so well was the fact that I was never "officially introduced" so I had to eavesdrop to learn their names.  I will definitely say that I have quite the catch with my husband.  Three of his classmates are on their second marriage or are divorced ... and its only been TEN years!  Amazing.

In fertility related news, there isn't too much to report.  This was my first month taking Femara (only on Day 3), but I do think it made a difference in my mucus.  I had more white baby stamps this month than I ever did before (if you don't count those early times where I didn't know what I was doing)!  I didn't have alot of 10's, but I did have alot of 6's & 8's, which I'll count as an accomplishment regardless.

With the Femara, I did have to have an ultrasound of P+4 so they could measure the follicles.  Thankfully it was the day before my birthday, not on my birthday (as that would make turning 30 so much more memorable).  I've still been taking B-6, Ammoxicillan & Mucinex, so hoping this new combo works.

We still haven't done any paperwork for our adoption agency yet.  Its been sitting on our coffee table these last two weeks.  We did tell our families that we are starting the adoption process and they were very supportive and interested in how things work.  Of course, my mother-in-law said, "Since you're adopting, now you'll get pregnant," quite a few times.  (sigh)  I tried to tell her that it wasn't always the case, but she kept repeating it (multiple times, both weekends).  Finally, I was polite and just agreed.  She is has one mindset and I'm not going to change it (I've learned that from cataloging her responses on other topics).

I guess to get motivated, I need to take some vacation time from work so I can clean my house and get ready for the homestudy.  I feel like I have to get all these little projects out of the way before we should even get started (its not a really rational thought).  For example, we still need to put outlet covers on switches from when we painted 4 years ago (yeah, we're really lazy!), but then we also should get some different furniture for our DVD & components to sit on, rather than an old sewing machine table so that there isn't a pile of hazardous cords below that would need to be remedied anyway.  Sometimes I feel like I should have nicer (safer) furniture, but its hard trying to rationalize doing so AND saving money for the adoption.  I guess I'll be doing some auction hunting & yard-sale-ing over the summer.

I'm hoping to have good news to report about my hormone levels this next cycle review.  Last month I didn't get my Peak day correct, so my hormones were really low.  Here's to the next month ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 30th! I have to say...I LOVE your K-State shirt!!! (I am from KS) Sorry about your MIL...I got that alot when we were going through the certification process...alas, we did get pg while going through that process, but miscarried. Good luck at your cycle review! Hope you get some great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hilarious gifts - what a great and funny way to make light of a 30th birthday! Love it.

    Looks like you have an excuse to do some redecorating! Yard sales and craigs list are great for hunting down a good deal, esp. on furniture.

    Good luck w/your cycle review this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Your gifts were a riot! I LOVE my pill sorter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those gifts! Happy belated birthday. Excited to hear the results of your cycle/hormone levels review. Praying for positive news.

    ReplyDelete