I have wanted to pop in to let you know what has been happening in the meantime, but honestly, I've been in a funk this past year and that is part of the reason for the lack of blogging, as well as the lack of reading blogs.
So today, I got the urge to update the 'ol blog a little ... new colors and a design that feels like "me" right now. And also updating my blog title too. That feels like more "me" too. Before, I have felt that the title "All in His Perfect Timing" was just about my infertility journey and anytime I blogged about Luke or other "mom stuff", I was doing a dis-service to those still waiting.
Guilt. That was another reason I realized today about why I've kind of checked out this last year. Guilt that I am a mom and I still pray for my friends still waiting. Guilt that I left my old job and my friend (and co-worker) almost two years ago pretty suddenly. I'm a sensitive person who cares too much about what others think of me and that holds me back in some ways, I guess.
I've been going to Holy Hour Adoration weekly since Thanksgiving (in God's providence, I "coincidentally" have the same day and time that I did when I went in Kansas ~ it is meant to be). I am reading the book "Rediscover Catholicism" by Matthew Kelly. The last paragraph of the current chapter I'm in says the following, "If you want your future to be different from your past, there is only one way: Change your habits. Our lives change when our habits change."
I've had some pretty bad habits during the last few years and I want to change that. The human side of me (the side of least resistance and the "self-destructive" side) has won out. I've been neglectful of many things that I want to change. Blogging is just one of them. I'd like to engage more and I miss reading about your lives and having the opportunity to pray for you.
Wishing you a Blessed "Best-Version-of Yourself" New Year!!

The changes look great! I can imagine that it would be tough to transition in talking about your life when a lot of the ways that you've connected with other bloggers have changed. However, I love that you're revamping and changing the blog to be where you are now because I miss hearing from you! I hope you also have a wonderful and blessed New Year!
ReplyDeleteThanks for understanding, CM!! I am glad you're still reading along and I hope to catch up with all you are up to! Merry Christmas!!
DeleteI have missed you and have been praying for you! Merry Christmas! I love that book and it has helped me make some positive changes in my life so I hope it will do the same for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the prayers, Madeline!! I appreciate them so much and attribute them to the positive changes I am making now. =) Merry Christmas!!
DeleteThank you for updating. :) I've been concerned, but I am very glad you have been taking some time to evaluate your life's past and determine your future. A great thing for everyone to do. Can't wait to see an updated picture of Mr. Luke!! Merry Christmas and happy new year friend!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Jessica!! I hope you and Colin and Caris are all doing great and I hope to catch up on all of what you've been up to! I will get right on posting Luke pictures here soon. =) He is growing so fast!
DeleteWishing you and yours a Happy New Year too!
Glad to hear from you. It sounds like you are going through a large transition in your life and it will take time to get settled. I enjoy your blog and look forward to future updates.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Simone!! I appreciate you reading and following along! I hope to catch up with all of what has been happening in your life ~ hopefully shortly later today! :-)
DeleteMerry Christmas!!
I can understand caring about others and what they may think, i hold on to things like that way to long. So glad to hear from u. Your adoption journey is an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mike & Mary Beth!! I'm excited to follow you both on your adoption journey!!
DeleteI rarely blog and rarely read either but checked in tonight. I hope to hear more from you soon!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to you back writing - I missed you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great time to reflect and reassess life and habits! You are inspiring me to do the same.
I'm hoping to catch up with you and Himself, Donna! I'm glad to be back. :-)
DeleteSo glad to see you back! I say write about whatever you want because it's your blog and people who know you would know you are not writing about your son to rub it in their face or anything like that. I gave that book to my grandma and brother, I hope they read it! I look forward to hearing more from you and the insights you have :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kat!! You are so kind ~ your words help reinforce what I want to do, which is be myself. I hope your Grandma and Brother enjoy the book. I have truly enjoyed it so far ~ it is easy to read and put into action (a total MUST for 'lil 'ol me). :-)
DeleteWelcome back! Looking forward to hearing more from you on your new journey. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Stephanie!!
DeleteCongratulations to you and John on your pregnancy!!!
I have missed your blog too! YES, I feel the guilt too, so much, but I was reading old posts earlier today about C last year and I want my blog to be a place where I can remember all the things that I'm so quick to forget. I thought about creating a different one, but I think the journey before adoption is just as important as after. And as much as I love seeing pics of everyone and keeping in touch on FB, there's just something about reading blog posts that makes me feel more connected to those who walked the IF road with me!
ReplyDeleteHugs & Merry Christmas! :)
I am so glad to not "be alone in the guilt". But I'm not happy you are feeling it too.
DeleteI love the updates on C and G and am looking forward to seeing on what you all are up to!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!